• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Husqvarna 390XP- Mint!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
suggest familiarizing yourself with the site and the members before trying to part one from $825. Hope over to one of the other forums and make some friends. If the focus is on moving the saw- try eBay. too many members have been burned in situations like this. makes us all jumpy.

Thats what PayPal is for

I agree with @bryanr2 .. You may be a stand up man and we all hope to be friends with you..

But myself and several others have been burned by new members.

As noted above, pics of the piston through the exhaust port will help with the same. As will compression..

Good luck with the sale and welcome to AS!

I agree with @bryanr2 .. You may be a stand up man and we all hope to be friends with you..

But myself and several others have been burned by new members.

As noted above, pics of the piston through the exhaust port will help with the same. As will compression..

Good luck with the sale and welcome to AS!
And a video, might as well have all the basis covered :)

Another thing that has been done in the past is to write the date (month, day, year) on a index card or piece of paper and take a pic of it with the saw. that helps prove it is in your possession and not a pic off the internet.

l like the fact that Steven will ask the hard questions and voice what many are thinking. Being polite and political correctness has eaten the ass out of too many good members wallets. Asking for the best part of 1k (on your first day) from the collective membership is a big red flag IMO. Sure its likely he's an honest trustable person, but its that small minority of crooks that means we must take care. l have missed out on many good deals as l am cautious of who l deal with. Steven is helping him offering advice as to how he can build enough repore to be taken seriously, also he is looking after members too. Many sit back say nothing and watch as members get burned.....a small few stand up!

suggest familiarizing yourself with the site and the members before trying to part one from $825. Hop over to one of the other forums and make some friends. If the focus is on moving the saw- try eBay. too many members have been burned in situations like this. makes us all jumpy.

edit: corrected spelling

It is not the OP's fault that you got your ass burned on a prior deal. If you are interested in the saw and you haven't done business with the seller before, ask for a PayPal invoice. Make sure the seller outlines a few details about the condition of the item on your invoice and pay for the damn saw

I'm won't let someone get burned if i know they're for sure gonna burned, but i'm not gonna go out of my way to sniff it out. I give everyone the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise and that has seemed to work for me. I've been burned by people i never thought would burn me....family members even.

I can think of more sour deals happening by longtime members here than new members.

After all this is the internet so i don't take it all that serious. I suppose i have a pretty good reputation here but if anyone thinks different of me, no problem i'm not here to earn a reputation.

The reason i came here in the first place? To sell my Jonsered 2139T, if i would've had my balls busted for it, or for asking a question that is buried in search i would've deleted the ad and moved on like many other new members do.

i dont think steven was busting any balls, but as said above, just letting the guy know that the odds arent in his favor right off the bat. I know i lurked on this site for a long time before trying to sell anything and was very concerned that the grinder i sold was gonna take a **** the next day. Dont get discouraged OP, this should tell you what kind of community this really is, generally a bunch of guys here for the same reason and who look out for each other. welcome!

This happens in every forum known to man, where a new member with a low post count tried to make a sale.

As long as they're treated like a stranger in a saloon in the wild west they'll never have a high post count.

New guy walks in and they drop everything and stare him down and start an interrogation. There is a pattern. If you don't trust him or don't want it don't buy it FFS.

This is the first forum I've ever joined- not much of a computer guy. When I googled 'husqvarna 390XP for sale' this site was near the top of the list so figured it would be worth a shot.
Well welcome to the site. As you can imagine, there will always be some skepticism when a new person joins and first post is selling a $800+ saw. All you can do is hang on, not have thin skin and try to assimilate and prove there's nothing to worry about. I'm sure it will sell eventually. GLWS (good luck with sale)

Back