• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Husqvarna 390XP- Mint!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have heard quite a bit of complaining about the trading post being dead lately.

A few people have suggested that we need to recruit new members yet every time a new member shows up, all you guys can do is bust their balls for posting a For Sale ad :angry:

Well, if you're comfortable with it, buy the OP's saw and let the rest of us know how the transaction went. Don't need the saw? No problem. Do your civic duty and help this guy out by purchasing the saw and then resell it on this forum. You have history here so someone will buy it from you. Shouldn't be a problem, right?

Dropping almost a grand to a complete stranger, with no history or personal connections, is risky to say the least. I'm not saying the OP is a scammer...I'm saying a person needs to be careful in these situations. Don't jump people's **** for not wanting to get burned.

BTW: If you look close at the pics, it appears that saw has never seen wood. That raises a red flag for me when the OP says he cut 5 cord with it.

OP, here is how you can sell your saw, being a new member and having no history on this site: YOU have to assume the risk to make the transaction acceptable. If you would be willing to send the saw to a reputable member BEFORE it is paid for, it would guarantee safety for the buyer. Of course, this doesn't guarantee safety for you but no more so than you are asking of potential buyers.

Accept all the risk and your saw will sell quickly:).

Of course these are just recommendations and you can do as you like but I will say that would be a mighty honerable thing. If you would like to take that strategy and would like to know the integrity of said member that is offering to buy it just ask any of us in this thread or through a private message (PM) and we will help you out. :cheers:

Much appreciated. Thanks for the warm welcome and offers of support!

Yes, Im not busting your balls on this. Just trying to help you sell the item. Lots of good suggestions in this thread from respected members. Welcome, I hope you stick around. I personally have never been burned on a deal, but have several friends that have. And like others have said, there have been long standing members that have burned people as well. If you have a question about a potential buyer, pls feel free to PM me. I'll help you any way I can.

I can only imagine! Don't think I have to sell it quite That bad...! Ah well- maybe it'll go to a neighbour in the end...:)

Being he just across the border from Minnesota maybe some member from up that way would be willing to help out. I know @svk or @stihlinely both are up that way.

Being he just across the border from Minnesota maybe some member from up that way would be willing to help out. I know @svk or @stihlinely both are up that way.
Drool! What a beautiful saw.

He's an hour straight north of my hunting cabin.

Perhaps the seller could do a "shopping trip" to International Falls some day and ship it USPS from there to save major coin for the buyer.

How about that, Most all the 390's have been state side and I do the math at 25% exchange, shipping and possible duty with no full rap. (plus plus) and it dosen't work. This one is in Canada and It sells for US rates, wtf with no full rap or heat.
1,060 CND. Your neighbor sounds like a excellent idea.

Welcome

I bought this saw from Baileys in U.S. dollars and am offering it for $825 US shipped. I've listed it on Kijiji on our side for $850 Cdn plus shipping. Baileys just quoted me $1034 US for this saw/bar/chain new. It's only $200 less than a new saw but the pics speak for themselves- and there's no tax involved

Maybe just keep it till you find more veneer.
What was veneer going for there?
That veneer gig was great while it lasted- a 24" grade 1, 8' stick was $100+ at the time. Our local sawmill was paying $120/cord for saw logs and the tops went for firewood at $65/cord. Felt good to select harvest and then get paid for the whole tree rather than clear cutting like it's mostly done around here...

That veneer gig was great while it lasted- a 24" grade 1, 8' stick was $100+ at the time. Our local sawmill was paying $120/cord for saw logs and the tops went for firewood at $65/cord. Felt good to select harvest and then get paid for the whole tree rather than clear cutting like it's mostly done around here...
Wow, after doing the math, a 24"x 8' log has 200 board ft. So it sounds like you are getting 50 cents a foot or 500$/ thou.
I'd be doing some industrial spying and find out who the mill is selling your veneer to.
Just trying to put more money in your pocket.
John

Wow, after doing the math, a 24"x 8' log has 200 board ft. So it sounds like you are getting 50 cents a foot or 500$/ thou.
I'd be doing some industrial spying and find out who the mill is selling your veneer to.
Just trying to put more money in your pocket.
John

so they only have to produce 5 24"x8' logs to make $500? those boys are making nothing but money in no time at all! 5 24"x8' is like 10 min work! there must be something i'm not understanding correctly.

so they only have to produce 5 24"x8' logs to make $500? those boys are making nothing but money in no time at all! 5 24"x8' is like 10 min work! there must be something i'm not understanding correctly.
Sounds like bigbucks, but 500 a thou is ony 250 a cord for veneer. I'm sure the mill is flipping his veneer for at least
1.50 a board foot US.
Sounds like good money, but you still have to find it, buy it, log it and make the right bucking cuts and sell it to the horses mouth.

Back