• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 394XP Mastermind

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where is Mass are you? How old is the saw? To echo Chashowlett, whats been done to it?

My family is from Ipswich, my Grandfather x's 17 is on the town charter, used to be called Agawam. 1631. I'm in Portland Oregon. The Echo has a muffler modification because it was so restricted that it was robbing half of the power and of course I had to remove the carb limiters to set the main mixture, and it took about 2 turns more fuel. Now it runs cool and has very nice power, especially for a 9lb saw. Also made some adapters for the bar studs to mount on a Stihl bar. They are easy to take off, just pull right off. Have the bar and chain that came with it too. It

I'd send it to you first if you want to trade, you can have both bars too. Both chains are new. The Stihl chain is a semi-chisel multi purpose.325. The Echo is a .325 oregon chain I believe. It's 20" as well.

I was waiting for someone to notice this. I think Chashowlett got confused by my first post. Not sure though.

I was waiting for someone to notice this. I think Chashowlett got confused by my first post. Not sure though.

If the below post is the one that confused him then I have to wonder about mentality

Where is Mass are you? How old is the saw? To echo Chashowlett, whats been done to it?

Okay, yeah looks like Chas was responding to Nattarino's post. So, what's been done to it? (and by "it", I am referring to the Husqvarna 394XP that is for sale!). This saw has Mastermind's style of porting which is to machine both the base of cylinder and also the squish band and then he sets the port-time-area to his specifications. Saw has a stock piston. There are some fins broken off the cylinder and I can post a picture of this. Hasn't made a hoot of difference in how the saw runs.

Okay, yeah looks like Chas was responding to Nattarino's post. So, what's been done to it? (and by "it", I am referring to the Husqvarna 394XP that is for sale!). This saw has Mastermind's style of porting which is to machine both the base of cylinder and also the squish band and then he sets the port-time-area to his specifications. Saw has a stock piston. There are some fins broken off the cylinder and I can post a picture of this. Hasn't made a hoot of difference in how the saw runs.

Yep. That's my first sticker design.

That saw might be before I was doing squish mods though.

It might have a pop up piston.

I'll investigate. I looked into the cylinder but mainly to check the piston skirt, so I might've missed the pop-up.

Guru LLCMM394comp.JPG MM394XP fins.JPG MM394XP_skirt.JPG is correct (and why wouldn't he be since he did the work!) this saw has a pop-up. Here are a few pictures of the compression, the fins that got knocked off in a fall from the log truck, and the piston skirt. The bottom of the ring is just barely visible in that picture of the piston skirt. The picture is cropped in the upper right hand corner because I was holding my phone at a weird angle to try to get some good light to shine on the skirt.

Latest posts

Back