Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 395XP showed up Today :blob2::happybanana::dancing::), I will try to get some pics this weekend, but short story, it looked just like a New out of the box, saw should look, Nice and Shiny:):):), :)dry tanks, smooth bottom seam, and the Chain Brake Flag moves as it should.

Overall, I'm not surprised, my Huskys have all been all that I expected, and more, this is the third saw that I have ordered from this dealer(online), and I haven't had any problems with any of them so far:)

Made in Brazil, with a 2019 build date, though I did find it interesting that the clutch cover had "Made in Sweden" molded into it, so evidently there are some Swedish parts sent to Brazil for assembly, I wonder how many??:confused:

Doug :cheers:

My 395XP showed up Today :blob2::happybanana::dancing::), I will try to get some pics this weekend, but short story, it looked just like a New out of the box, saw should look, Nice and Shiny:):):), :)dry tanks, smooth bottom seam, and the Chain Brake Flag moves as it should.

Overall, I'm not surprised, my Huskys have all been all that I expected, and more, this is the third saw that I have ordered from this dealer(online), and I haven't had any problems with any of them so far:)

Made in Brazil, with a 2019 build date, though I did find it interesting that the clutch cover had "Made in Sweden" molded into it, so evidently there are some Swedish parts sent to Brazil for assembly, I wonder how many??:confused:

Yeah we are going to need to seen that tank seam :givebeer:

Congrats though, that is a real man's saw!

Unfortunately, we are very likely done cutting wood for this year, but I will have to try to find SOMETHING to try it out on.

The 390XP, I probably should have held off on, but I wanted something between the 266XP and the 3120XP, I had my Heart set on the 395, but my dealer was out, and didn't know when they would get more 395's in, but I felt Good about the 390XP, and it has been "SUGGESTED" that I have a "Developing" case of CAD. Blasphemy, and Hersey, I tell ya;)

Fortunately, my Wife, Enjoys going up into the woods, Firewood cutting, and actually tells me "You can never have Too Many Chainsaws":confused::surprised3::):):) and that "They are Useful":yes:.

Hopefully I will get a 346XP, and I'm trying to decide between the 372XP/572XP/576XP, and I am really liking what I hear about the 562XP's as well, before she comes to her senses.

Did I mention that it has been suggested that I have CAD??:surprised3::)

I know where I can get a NIB 346XP, it's just more than I like to spend on a 50cc, but it IS a NIB 346XP:surprised3:

BTW, CAD and my name have been mentioned at the same time, in the same sentence;):surprised3::)

Ok, here ya go, some pics of the New 395XP, Including a pic of the Notorious TANK SEAM;):laughing:

GetAttachmentThumbnail

GetAttachmentThumbnail

GetAttachmentThumbnail

GetAttachmentThumbnail

GetAttachmentThumbnail

So does MY tank Seam pass inspection??:confused::rolleyes::)

I'm Happy with it, and the saw overall, just haven't mounted a B&C yet, the weather has been Nasty since it got here:(, and as much as I want to try it out, there really isn't anything handy to tryout/break in this beast on:(:(, so the tanks are still Dry.

Ok, here ya go, some pics of the New 395XP, Including a pic of the Notorious TANK SEAM;):laughing:

GetAttachmentThumbnail

GetAttachmentThumbnail

GetAttachmentThumbnail

GetAttachmentThumbnail

GetAttachmentThumbnail

I'm Happy with it, and the saw overall, just haven't mounted a B&C yet, the weather has been Nasty since it got here:(, and as much as I want to try it out, there really isn't anything handy to tryout/break in this beast on:(:(, so the tanks are still Dry.

A half wrap out here? That should be illegal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GetAttachmentThumbnail

GetAttachmentThumbnail

GetAttachmentThumbnail

GetAttachmentThumbnail

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Your pics are showing up as broken image...i am doubting the validity of that tank seam :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Nice, if I had to choose another 95cc saw again I would not hesitate in choosing the 395.

I have milled probably 50 planks with it since I bought it just over a year ago. It’s the only saw I have not modded, I did however bend the tabs out on the exhaust to give it just that much more flow, that’s it.
Mine was made in Brazil as well

Everything is bigger and better on the 395,

When they made this saw they seriously made it to last, and imo is one of two of their designs that was kept this way for serious cutting such as milling.
There are so many features that make it one of the toughest, most powerful and most reliable saws out there

Non strato design
Heavy duty Oiler, all metal and actually really dumps oil out on your bar!
External clutch keeps the heat out
Huge air filter with an excellent seal
Heavy duty and free flowing muffler

I could talk about it all day :)

A half wrap out here? That should be illegal.

Dayum Skeans, I said that I was HAPPY with it, Not that it is PERFECT;), I may add a Full Wrap to it, I guess that I SHOULD have at Least ONE saw with a Full wrap:):), but I don't do much falling, almost all Bucking and Milling, so it isn't Quite as important for me as it is you;)

The Full Wrap is an interesting idea, that I may give a try, I have always had half wraps, and that is what I am used to, and have always been able to make work for me, but then again, it isn't a Profession for me, I'm sure that there are Many days, you fall more trees than I have in the last 5 Years. Unfortunately, the Forest Circus won't let us Firewood cutters fall standing dead:(, and it drives me nuts, looking at a lot of standing dead, that I KNOW is better firewood than a lot of the blowdown that we can cut, and that the Standing dead is a Ladder Fuel, in the event of a fire, and the forest would be better of with less standing dead. the forest circus has been falling a lot of standing dead, especially up off the 4410 road the last couple years, and a lot of it has been Excellent firewood, 13-15%MC standing:):), but there is still much more, especially in other areas, that I would love to cut. I've done some falling, Nothing like you, but I have a pretty good idea of what to do, and an even better idea, of when to WALK AWAY from a tree that I'm not comfortable with. I Honestly try to stay Humble and not over estimate my ability, and there is NO firewood tree worth getting myself or someone else Hurt or Killed over. Unfortunately, there are many, not that Honest with themselves about their abilities, and so here we are, with the Blowdown/Forest Circus fell rules that we have.

Your pics are showing up as broken image...i am doubting the validity of that tank seam :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I don't know what to tell you Steve, seems that others are seeing my pics just fine, but JUST FOR YOU;):), I will try to load just a single pic of the tank seam.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

I am Happy with this seam, what's your opinion??

I think the tank seam looks just fine, but the piece just under the recoil housing in this pic, could have had the edge cleaned up a bit better, but it doesn't affect the saws performance in any way, and isn't visible in most operating positions, and is strictly cosmetic, so I won't whine about it

Dayum Skeans, I said that I was HAPPY with it, Not that it is PERFECT;), I may add a Full Wrap to it, I guess that I SHOULD have at Least ONE saw with a Full wrap:):), but I don't do much falling, almost all Bucking and Milling, so it isn't Quite as important for me as it is you;)

The Full Wrap is an interesting idea, that I may give a try, I have always had half wraps, and that is what I am used to, and have always been able to make work for me, but then again, it isn't a Profession for me, I'm sure that there are Many days, you fall more trees than I have in the last 5 Years. Unfortunately, the Forest Circus won't let us Firewood cutters fall standing dead:(, and it drives me nuts, looking at a lot of standing dead, that I KNOW is better firewood than a lot of the blowdown that we can cut, and that the Standing dead is a Ladder Fuel, in the event of a fire, and the forest would be better of with less standing dead. the forest circus has been falling a lot of standing dead, especially up off the 4410 road the last couple years, and a lot of it has been Excellent firewood, 13-15%MC standing:):), but there is still much more, especially in other areas, that I would love to cut. I've done some falling, Nothing like you, but I have a pretty good idea of what to do, and an even better idea, of when to WALK AWAY from a tree that I'm not comfortable with. I Honestly try to stay Humble and not over estimate my ability, and there is NO firewood tree worth getting myself or someone else Hurt or Killed over. Unfortunately, there are many, not that Honest with themselves about their abilities, and so here we are, with the Blowdown/Forest Circus fell rules that we have.

The nicest thing with a wrap is the advantage of placement of your hands no matter what you’re doing, it’s not just for offside falling there’s times you’ll find you’ll like the position better from the far side bucking.

The forest service I don’t agree with but the rules are rules and for the public falling timber dead or alive it’s one of the rules I do agree with.

I don't know what to tell you Steve, seems that others are seeing my pics just fine, but JUST FOR YOU;):), I will try to load just a single pic of the tank seam.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

I am Happy with this seam, what's your opinion??

I think the tank seam looks just fine, but the piece just under the recoil housing in this pic, could have had the edge cleaned up a bit better, but it doesn't affect the saws performance in any way, and isn't visible in most operating positions, and is strictly cosmetic, so I won't whine about it

This is what I’m seeing on your posts
E20A1EBB-692F-4AC8-9988-C4485070186D.png

No pics for me either.

One great thing about Huskies these days is that the wrap kits are dirt cheap. Should be $40 or so for either the 390 or 395. Personally I'd put a wrap on the 390 and keep the 395 with a half wrap.

No pics for me either.

One great thing about Huskies these days is that the wrap kits are dirt cheap. Should be $40 or so for either the 390 or 395. Personally I'd put a wrap on the 390 and keep the 395 with a half wrap.

I don't know what's up, with the pics, they show for me, when I read the thread, and some seem to be seeing them:confused::confused::(

You make a Good point Ryan, I've heard several members comment that the 390XP shines more as a felling saw, lighter, more nimble and still has plenty of power, The 395XP is more suited to milling and heavy Bucking, where the weight isn't as much of a concern.

I don't do much felling, but the 390XP would likely be the saw I would grab for that, the 395XP was really intended as a Lighter Milling saw, I've got some 20-28" Cedar logs to mill yet, the 395 should handle those just fine, the 3120 and a Granberg mill, do start to get a bit heavy to move around out of the cut.

I will have to think more about the 390/395 as far as the Full Wrap.

Maybe order a full wrap for each?;), I've never seriously denied having CAD, Honestly, the 3120XP, 395XP, 266XP, 353 and 23 Compact would cover ANY cutting situation that I would ever encounter, the 550XP, 390XP and any Future saw purchases were/are/will be because, I ENJOY saws, and I CAN:). I don't earn a living with them, but they do help heat our home, though I won't claim they will ever pay for themselves that way, but that does help with the expense of My HOBBY, and the therapeutic value is worth something too. Stihl WAY Cheaper than restoring an old Muscle Car:surprised3:,which I don't have the SKILLS to do anyways, or many other Hobbies.

No pics for me either.

That's exactly what I did. I did install the larg dogs and case protector on the 395.

Latest posts

Back