• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold HUSQVARNA 395XP VERY LOW HRS OF USE!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrigT262

ArboristSite Lurker
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
20150930_174825.jpg 20150930_172949.jpg 20150930_174900.jpg 20150930_173122.jpg 20150930_174825.jpg Selling my near new condition Husky 395XP. Very low hrs of use. I purchased this saw years ago for a job and it has hardly been used. I fire it up occasionally to keep it fresh. Always use quality fuel and oil. Always drained after use, never stored with gas in the tank. Meticulously maintained! All EPA crap removed and updated. (ie carb restrictions and tank vent) . This saw is properly broke in and literally runs better than new. This saw is comparable to a stihl MS660. I have owned both and feel the husky is better built, produces more power and is a smoother saw to run. (spring anti vibe, padded tank handle)
Sale includes a brand new 42" Oregon 3/8 .050 bar and chain, plus the original 28" Husky bar and 2 chains. The pics tell the story on this super nice saw. Cyl & muff all stock.
Located up in cache valley, UT. Asking $1000 + shipping for everything

Brig @ 435 512 1075 txt or pm works best.

Attachments

• 20150930_173133.jpg
    20150930_173133.jpg
    506 KB · Views: 162
  • 1444854024251-1430337981.jpg
    1444854024251-1430337981.jpg
    835.4 KB · Views: 178
  • 20150930_173151.jpg
    20150930_173151.jpg
    988.6 KB · Views: 145
Super nice looking saw.

A 42" bar in 050? I've never seen that before.

Super nice looking saw.

I'd actually prefer a .404 set up for this long of bar due to the stretch factor, but I'm not a professional faller. Just a weekend warrior who loves his saws a little too much. Occasionally i'll get into a huge cottonwood or river elm with a huge knarly base that requires the long bar. But in all honestly, this 42" bar has only been used to show it's self off...:nofunny:. I owned a 3120 with a 6' bar for awhile. Now that was a super beast to run. Cut table tops with it and took lots of fun pics.

"should I sell or should I not sell...." Its a battle .. I absolutely love this 395. It just runs soo sweet and smooth. When I first bought it, it would rev and pull strong but coming down off full power cut, it would fall on its face at idle and sometimes die out. Like it was running out of gas.. After carb service / kit, new fuel and pulse lines, plug etc, still the problem was there. I contacted rich at myrtle creek saw shop in mc, OR. (true master saw tech with a full blown home made bench dyno) He told me about the newer huskies having vapor lock due to restrictive tank vents,, EPA issue. He sent me a kit that inluded a tank vent for a 394. WOW:numberone:...amazing the difference. It totally solved the problem. I could not believe the difference. It powers up all the way through the revs top to bottom like an old 288 high top. It's hard to get your complete value back out of all that. It took some long hrs and patience to figure all that out. But most guys will never give that a second thought. Its all about price in most cases.
The reason i'm selling is simply that I just don't use it enough. It seriously only has maybe less than 10 tanks of fuel through it. I have been thinking of buying a 461R 28" I also have a mint cond low hr 1st gen 044R slant fin that i'm considering selling. Is the new 461R worth all this ??

I'd actually prefer a .404 set up for this long of bar due to the stretch factor, but I'm not a professional faller. Just a weekend warrior who loves his saws a little too much. Occasionally i'll get into a huge cottonwood or river elm with a huge knarly base that requires the long bar. But in all honestly, this 42" bar has only been used to show it's self off...:nofunny:. I owned a 3120 with a 6' bar for awhile. Now that was a super beast to run. Cut table tops with it and took lots of fun pics.

Yeah, I didn't know they made 42" bars in 050. The longest I have seen is 36".

It seems like 063 would be better in those lengths to carry more oil.

"should I sell or should I not sell...." Its a battle .. I absolutely love this 395. It just runs soo sweet and smooth. When I first bought it, it would rev and pull strong but coming down off full power cut, it would fall on its face at idle and sometimes die out. Like it was running out of gas.. After carb service / kit, new fuel and pulse lines, plug etc, still the problem was there. I contacted rich at myrtle creek saw shop in mc, OR. (true master saw tech with a full blown home made bench dyno) He told me about the newer huskies having vapor lock due to restrictive tank vents,, EPA issue. He sent me a kit that inluded a tank vent for a 394. WOW:numberone:...amazing the difference. It totally solved the problem. I could not believe the difference. It powers up all the way through the revs top to bottom like an old 288 high top. It's hard to get your complete value back out of all that. It took some long hrs and patience to figure all that out. But most guys will never give that a second thought. Its all about price in most cases.
The reason i'm selling is simply that I just don't use it enough. It seriously only has maybe less than 10 tanks of fuel through it. I have been thinking of buying a 461R 28" I also have a mint cond low hr 1st gen 044R slant fin that i'm considering selling. Is the new 461R worth all this ??
If you use it more, yes.

The 461's ported are really fast saws

Super nice looking saw.

Looks like Oregon makes chains for it...http://www.sherrilltree.com/72LGX-Chain#.ViPbx36rTIU

Anyways Nice saw. That first gen 044R will definitely pull interest if you list it for sale. The 461R are nice saws, always the option of porting the 044R and it'll run with a stock 461 I would think and be lighter to boot, If a 28" bar is what you're looking to run, that ported 044 would pull it well, and grab a Reduced weight version and be in heaven for balance too. Just some thoughts. I know others have way more experience than I in this area however.

Looks like Oregon makes chains for it...http://www.sherrilltree.com/72LGX-Chain#.ViPbx36rTIU

Anyways Nice saw. That first gen 044R will definitely pull interest if you list it for sale. The 461R are nice saws, always the option of porting the 044R and it'll run with a stock 461 I would think and be lighter to boot, If a 28" bar is what you're looking to run, that ported 044 would pull it well, and grab a Reduced weight version and be in heaven for balance too. Just some thoughts. I know others have way more experience than I in this area however.
Good advice ted.
We go up cutting a handful of times each year for beetle killed lodgepole mostly in WY. Your familiar with that scene i'm sure. Last weekend, we got into a couple 20" trees but mostly 8-12's. The 395 is just a load on that whole deal. So I brought along my trusty 24" 281 husky instead. I had run that saw on a demo job this last summer was the last time. Up on the mtn, after gassing her up, fuel just poured out of the top of the tank...fuel hose suspect. I had to finish the whole day using my little backup limber 346. That little guy earned his keep that day. When I got home, tore down the 281 and sure enough, cracked / old fuel hose. With a decent line up of saws, its a bit of a task to keep up on them all to be "at the ready" at all times. Thats what got me thinking about "consolidating".
Where do you cut mostly?

Good advice ted.
We go up cutting a handful of times each year for beetle killed lodgepole mostly in WY. Your familiar with that scene i'm sure. Last weekend, we got into a couple 20" trees but mostly 8-12's. The 395 is just a load on that whole deal. So I brought along my trusty 24" 281 husky instead. I had run that saw on a demo job this last summer was the last time. Up on the mtn, after gassing her up, fuel just poured out of the top of the tank...fuel hose suspect. I had to finish the whole day using my little backup limber 346. That little guy earned his keep that day. When I got home, tore down the 281 and sure enough, cracked / old fuel hose. With a decent line up of saws, its a bit of a task to keep up on them all to be "at the ready" at all times. Thats what got me thinking about "consolidating".
Where do you cut mostly?

Well I can't take credit for the advice. I learned a lot of it right in these forums. I mostly cut SE of where I live here in the mountains. A lot of the 8-16" pine, but there's a some firs that get in the mix up to 30+ that gets in the mix from time to time. And then the occasional Monster Cotton wood along the river when I help a friend take them down, those are simply huge.

I have cut for a long time growing up, but really am just learning now if that makes sense. I have a 440 myself and I like it. I bought a 046 that ended up with an air leak and the piston started to score, so I found a good clean 440r off the recommendation of many here. I love it. plenty of power. I have the HD2 filter on it now and will get the DP muffler soon too. It has plenty of power for what I do right now. I will probably rebuild the 046 if I can find a new tank/handle for it, but that will be mostly for a learning project for my son and I.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back