Husqvarna 435 tuning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wingstrat28

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm new here. I have a husqy 435 that I have almost decided to set on fire. I never could get it running right. It had odd intermittent starting issues usually when hot, then all together. I tried all the usual suspects. Put a new carb on, new vent filter, new fuel filter, new spark plug, primer bulb, fuel lines appear good..... I can not get this thing tuned. I've tried the mufacturers spec of bottom everything out then 2 turns back and it runs like garbage or not at all. I've richened and leaned the low side until I think I have it perfect..... Then it all goes to hell again and I start over. I'm about to sell it and buy a stihl. HELP!!!!! I've gone ahead and ordered fuel lines and ignition module in hopes i just missed something in my diagnostics. Currently it will idle ok but ***** off with throttle. It may be immediately or it may rev for a couple seconds and stall.

Had similar symptoms with a 445 ended up being a leaking manifold,
Prior to discovering the problem, I replaced, coil, primer, fuel hose, carb, crank seals breather primer hoses.
There was no visible cracks or flaws, only thing I came up with was a bad seal between manifold and cylinder.
PS bit of a plumbers night mare some of these 4 series saws.

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

God I'd hope this thing didn't create that much of an issue. It really has never run that much or done any significant work. Did you just replace the gasket or the whole manifold?

No gasket on intake. Fought one myself wound up bad coil. Coil would show cranking spark. When coil advanced it would die.
Shep

God I'd hope this thing didn't create that much of an issue. It really has never run that much or done any significant work. Did you just replace the gasket or the whole manifold?
There's no gasket, When the saw came in it would start briefly and die as soon as it was revved, I replaced coil and the saw would start and run but ran poorly, after replacing the manifold its as good as gold.

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

I am having similar problems with my 435. I know this is an old thread but what do you mean by manifold? parts list shows insulation wall (2 separate parts) and inlet pipe. Did you replace all 3 parts? Thanks, Larry

I am having similar problems with my 435. I know this is an old thread but what do you mean by manifold? parts list shows insulation wall (2 separate parts) and inlet pipe. Did you replace all 3 parts? Thanks, Larry
The rubber leaks on the intake or transfer port covers leak.

Both are heat related yet my 2015 435 gets used but not hammered so it makes a difference how you treat them.

It lasted as long as three 018s and still going.

Back