Husqvarna 450 no power in cut

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i can go a little bit leaner. Just dont want to burn up my saw/seize it. If 11,000 no load is normal then will not worry about it.

I agree with the tuning by ear but just so you know the max RPM no load is 13,000 per husky. 11,000 is going to be way fat. Get it hot and set it at 12,800 or so and then go study tuning a saw in the wood by ear.

I like using a tach to confirm settings and couple it with listening too. I’m very new to it all though so have lots to learn.
Yes I do the same. Sometimes it's hard to hear the 4 stroke sound with the leaner faster saws. I set them to where they are four stroking in the cut and them slowly lean them to where they clean up under load. Then I check with tachometer. I got into saws/woodcutting 15 years ago and thanks to the good folks on this site, my saws have lasted and performed adequately.

Yes I do the same. Sometimes it's hard to hear the 4 stroke sound with the leaner faster saws. I set them to where they are four stroking in the cut and them slowly lean them to where they clean up under load. Then I check with tachometer. I got into saws/woodcutting 15 years ago and thanks to the good folks on this site, my saws have lasted and performed adequately.

If by chance you dont already wear hearing protection, try ear plugs or muffs. It really helps(me anyways) hear the 4 stroking better. I guess it deadens enough of the other noises to help the 4stroking stand out better.

Back