Husqvarna 455 problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derrek_j

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Well I have had this saw for about a year and a half, haven't had any problems with it until the last couple outings. Last week, went through about 2-3 tanks of gas, it would hesitate off of idle sometimes, then cut good (well good for the saw) whether felling or blocking. Towards the end of the day, seemed to take some time for it to drop all the way down to idle, maybe 30 secs or so from let off till the chain would stop. Now today it would hesitate slightly a couple of times coming up from idle to full, but while in the cut would just drop to what felt like half throttle then couple seconds later come back up to power. Also while felling, would hardly stay running unless full throttle, did not matter which side saw was on, but never bogged down. It did this every time saw was on its side, but would only bog at random when blocking. Saw has fresh mix, but 2 different mixes from the separate outings, baffle has been removed from muffler. Using jonserud synthetic mix, original spark plug. Any ideas, is it just in need of carb adjustment, our something else. Haven't messed with 2 strokes yet, well besides Detroits, but that's whole nother story. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Sounds to me like it is a fuel delivery issue.
First I would try to Richen (counter clockwise) the L carb screw about a 1/4 at a time and see if it improves.
Next I would check to make sure the fuel line does not have a small pin hole in it or is twisted/kinked going from the tank to the carb.
Make sure the fuel line is not to soft and collapsing, ethanol will cause that.
What condition is your fuel filter in? and is your air filter clean?

Let us know what you find. Good luck.

K I will try that, fuel filter is original, air filter ed just cleaned out, how much would temp affect this, as today it is -12 here, last week was around 15 degrees f

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

I'd check first that all intake fasteners are snug, and that fuel filter hasn't fallen off.

Plugs are cheap, and surprisingly prone to failure. I'd go for the proper NGK.

If running avgas, it's formulated to resist vaporization; try some mogas. Then, carb kits are cheap, try ultrasonic cleaning.

Back