• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 455 Rancher PHO - For Parts or Rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any info on how the cylinder was cracked?

I'm considering this saw for my first attempt at a rebuild.

Husq 455 cylinder busted 3.jpg

Firewood guy didn't know - he has multiple guys using saw. But it looks like a 3-4" limb rammed end on into jug - bent/broken fins and crack surrounding impulse tube. Had to have happened with top cover off - cover is fine. See piston chunk missing on intake side - probably happened at the same time. Quite a shame because cyl walls, piston and ring look great.

If Jonathan doesn't want it ill take it. Thank you for the offer.

Not to spam the OP's thread but I would suggest starting with one of the husqvarna 50 series saws like a 51 or a 55. Unless you can find a cheap Sachs-Dolmar locally.
Brandon,

I have a 114, I'm just waiting on a tank assembly for. Though it will be just a tank transfer, and such.

I will see what I can acquire on my next trip to the Doughnut Drop off.

Thanks for the advice on what to start with.

Agree that a 51 or 55 is a great first build. Even a 50 into a 55 is simple but you have to enlarge the jug impulse hole.

PM replied.

Jon a 55/61/266 would be a fun one for ya but the 4xx and 340/345/350 are kinda eh... enjoy!

Back