• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold husqvarna 51

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oaky

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
51cc, carb cleaned and passed pressure test. compression tested at 150-165psi. tank cleaned (found four acorns in there!) threw in 50:1 fuel, runs very well.
just need to sharpen the chain and she's good to go.

this is an old picture, i replaced the chain brake with a working assembly I had. nothing missing, a complete good firewood saw.
new pictures soon. 125$plus shipping

_1060230.JPG

Any pics of Piston ?

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

Another good looking firewood saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah! very easy to work on and parts are everywhere.
it was pretty much everyones "back of the pickup" saw in the 90s.
i have another 50 parts saw i'm thinking of restoring since no one interested in it, its got a strange swedish serial tag.

oh i see. correction.
could you but husq. 50 special-51 with 45-46mm** (bigger bore) on a 44mm husq. regular 50 regular bore

sorry i got my numbers mixed up.

i got a buck fifty off fb, i need money for parts. i have another one i was thinkin of fixing up, its a parts saw

To answer the question about a 53cc, 46mm jug off a 55 fitting on a 50 case, the answer is no.. The hole in the case that the 50 jug fits in is smaller on a 50 than it is on a 55. Not saying you couldnt bore the hole out and make it work, but 55's are a dime a dozen so the extra work isnt worth it.

i got my numbers mixed up above. think the confusion stemmed from working on a 385xp at the time.

i was talking about a husq.51 jug (45mm) fitting a husq.50 (originally 44mm)
not the husq. 55

I got my numbers mixed up above. think the confusion stemmed from working on a 385xp at the time. I was talking about a husky 51 jug (45mm) fitting a husky 50 (originally 44mm), not the husky 55.
It's easy to get your numbers mixed up in this business. Mozart was accused of writing too many notes. The chainsaw MFG's have made him look like an amateur.

Over half the parts on a Stihl MS 660 do not work on a new Stihl MS 661, and that may be an understatement.

i got my numbers mixed up above. think the confusion stemmed from working on a 385xp at the time.

i was talking about a husq.51 jug (45mm) fitting a husq.50 (originally 44mm)
not the husq. 55
I have one of each jug so I will measure in a little while to be sure, but a 55 topend will fit on a 51 and I am pretty sure the 55 jug OD measures the same dia as the 51. That tells me that a 51 jug will not fit the 50. They also made a 55 with a 45mm bore, not sure when they changed to the 46mm. I have a 99model 55 that was a 45mm and a 2000 that is a 46mm but they both have 46mm topends on them now. Ii also want to add that the air cool parts for a 55 are made different than the older 51s. The 55models have a litttle boss area with a screw that the air tube connects to while the 51 dont have that little bit of metal cast in the crase and no screw. The air tubes will not interchange. This does not effect swapping the topends, but you need the right parts and bulkhead for the model case you are working on. You will also find that some of the flywheels have a woodruff key and some have the key cast in the flywheel and I believe the flywheel nuts are different thread on the 50's than they are on a 51 or 55. A 50 crank will interchange with a 51 or 55 as long as you use the flywheel with the right keyway.

yeah! very easy to work on and parts are everywhere.
it was pretty much everyones "back of the pickup" saw in the 90s.
i have another 50 parts saw i'm thinking of restoring since no one interested in it, its got a strange swedish serial tag.

Husqvarna 51
Hello, just asking for advice; is husqvarna 51 still good to buy? Owner said it’s well taken care and runs good. Just had medical issues so he’s selling it. Thanks

I hate to say this, but I think you gave this saw away. I put the bigger bore kit on my 51 and it now backs up my Husky 257 and will almost run even with it.

Hello
Would like some input in husqvarna 51, is this still a good buy. On my way to buy one. Owner said it’s well taken care and runs good. Thanks

Latest posts

Back