Husqvarna 543xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tcirre

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I’ve posted about this saw before. I am an intermediate saw mechanic so I don’t have all the tools but here goes. Attached is a video of the issue. Saw idles and throttles perfectly but Boggs in the wood, no matter the size. Less than 10 tanks through this saw! New lines/filters, carb is clean/properly functional, pristine piston/cylinder/rings, all seals seated and tight. I’m at a loss! Could this be a coil issue? I’m tired of throwing money and time at this thing and running out of options I can think of. I feel like the coil is a far fetched idea but I didn’t know if there was a way to test it or just pull the trigger on an oem $30 one to see. Maybe different options or I may have overlooked? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_2167.MOV
    36.5 MB
I couldn’t get the video to load.

Autotune can be pretty good at hiding an air leak. If the saw gets too much air the carb can compensate to some degree, but if it can’t get the air/fuel mix right it won’t make the power needed and the saw could die.

Take off the top cover and start the saw. Can you spray outside the air filter with carb cleaner and see if it stumbles? That isn’t a guarantee to find an air leak, since you aren’t checking crank seals, but it would be my starting point.

Could very well be the coil breaking down , you seemed to have it warmed up prior to your test cut . I would start the saw and try a cut asap if it cuts two or three ok then begins to bog , definitely coil related . Anyhow I just sold my 543 xp last fall 3 yrs old when I had a coil go south . P.S. Actually bought the saw for hardwood limbling to compliment my 576xp . I was not overly impressed with the saws performance and ended up buying a 346 xp and 5105 H , good luck with your repairs bud !

Back