Husqvarna 545 Mark 2 Air Filter Differences

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nubz

Reaction score
BC930733-764D-47B0-B2EC-A6A2A7340D06.jpeg I just bought a Husqvarna 545 Mark 2 chainsaw and was wondering what the differences in the air filters that came with the saw were. I didn’t see any information on them in the packaging. The orange topped one was installed on the saw so that’s what I’ve been running. I assume they are different filtration levels but I’m not sure which one would be better for where I’ll be using the saw. Any info would be great. I didn’t see much out there as these Mark 2 saws are pretty new.

View attachment 834187 I just bought a Husqvarna 545 Mark 2 chainsaw and was wondering what the differences in the air filters that came with the saw were. I didn’t see any information on them in the packaging. The orange topped one was installed on the saw so that’s what I’ve been running. I assume they are different filtration levels but I’m not sure which one would be better for where I’ll be using the saw. Any info would be great. I didn’t see much out there as these Mark 2 saws are pretty new.
There should be some info in the user manual. I'm assuming one is for dry conditions and the other for wet conditions, but I don't know which is which.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Can't tell the what the filter media is made of on the orange one. Generally speaking a flocked filter (fuzzy material) is going to filter out smaller particles than a screen type. Screen type filters are usually recommended for winter use and green wood.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. I didn’t see any info about the air filters the first two times I read the manual. I did look again and didn’t see any info on the differences. I guess I could contact the business that I bought it from and ask them.

The white filter is a winter filter, throw it in the garbage and use the felt filter. Unless you live in Canada or a very cold region of the Northern USA

Can't tell the what the filter media is made of on the orange one. Generally speaking a flocked filter (fuzzy material) is going to filter out smaller particles than a screen type. Screen type filters are usually recommended for winter use and green wood.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
Okay. That makes sense. I’ll swap filters as I live in the desert and will be cutting dry lumber here and in a dryer, high altitude environment. Thank you for the prompt replies.

The shop I work at is in a very hot area as well. When we put 545s together for sale we take the winter filter off and install the flocked/felt filter, we toss the winter filter into a bag with the owners manual and the other tools as we have customers that live in higher elevations just in case they want it. But in most situations I’m sure it never gets used.

The shop I work at is in a very hot area as well. When we put 545s together for sale we take the winter filter off and install the flocked/felt filter, we toss the winter filter into a bag with the owners manual and the other tools as we have customers that live in higher elevations just in case they want it. But in most situations I’m sure it never gets used.
Very good information. Thanks Dean. I swapped filters and ran it up to make sure it still works (ran it up to hear the snarling dogs idle again). All seems to work so I’ll keep that one installed. Thanks.

I am assuming here, but I think the thinner white filter is less restrictive and is for higher elevations as a way to lean it out. Unlike the good old days, the carbs are no longer adjustable by the user Different filters might be a way to make it leaner or richer without adjusting the carb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back