• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quattro90

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Husqvarna 545 fully rebuilt from the crank up with all NEW OEM parts. Cylinder, piston, ring, bearings, seals, case gaskets, lines, filters, clutch drum, oil worm gear, .325/7T sprocket, spark plug, etc. Pressure and vac tested 100% using OEM Husqvarna block-off plates. I have video of it cutting after full AT reset if you have an iPhone or WhatsApp just PM for video. Custom base gasket was made to set squish at exactly .020 with a stock appearing muffler mod and plugged decomp. This thing screams! Starts right up and is ready to attack your firewood needs!

IMG_20180702_100459.jpg IMG_20180702_100510.jpg IMG_20180702_100533.jpg IMG_20180702_100547.jpg IMG_20180702_100623.jpg IMG_20180702_100635.jpg

Nice one.
I like the orange clutch cover :sweet:.
GLWS.

I never understood the Grey clutch covers:confused:, they look like a replacement out of the used parts bin, "Just happens to Fit, and does the job" :(
The Orange just "Looks Right":D, and of course will take 6 seconds off cutting a 28" diameter Oak, with a 545 ;):surprised3::)

Doug :cheers:

BTW Quattro90, your workbench looks entirely to Clean and Organized.

You don't Have CAD, AND OCD, do you? ;):surprised3::)

If so, and your Wife tolerates you, she would be a Keeper, hold on to that one :yes::yes::yes:

CAD, OCD, ADD, ADHD, OPP, POS, DTF, WTF, OMG, LOL, ROFL

You name it, I've prolly got it.....:crazy2::cold::dancing::happybanana:

CAD, OCD, ADD, ADHD, OPP, POS, DTF, WTF, OMG, LOL, ROFL

You name it, I've prolly got it.....:crazy2::cold::dancing::happybanana:

Dayum, you are a regular bowl of Alphabet Soup :surprised3: :crazy2:

With a laundry list like THAT, it would be hard to believe that you are Married, but if you do have a Wife that puts up with ya, she's not just a Keeper, but a Nominee for Sainthood :yes::surprised3::)

Dayum, you are a regular bowl of Alphabet Soup :surprised3: :crazy2:

With a laundry list like THAT, it would be hard to believe that you are Married, but if you do have a Wife that puts up with ya, she's not just a Keeper, but a Nominee for Sainthood :yes::surprised3::)

Amen to that

Can anyone compare this to a ms241? I want a small powerful saw, bought a couple 025's but kinda bored with them.

I don't mean to derail, I am interested in this one.

I've never personally run the MS-241c however I've run/owned the MS-261c, and the MS-362c. As far as this Husqvarna goes it's an awesome little saw. I really enjoy the Auto-tune to begin with, so with the mild muffler mod and the squish narrowed to .020" it is even more lively, snappy, and fun than a stock 545/550XP.

As far as Husqvarna vs Stihl, I'll just sit back and let the experts derail this thread :popcorn2: #allsawsmatter

Can anyone compare this to a ms241? I want a small powerful saw, bought a couple 025's but kinda bored with them.

I don't mean to derail, I am interested in this one.
If your looking for a great smaller saw this should do the trick.
It will cut faster than the 241 with the same size bar(actual length, not advertised length) and has more torque/hp in stock form, so this one should smoke a stock 241.
The 241 is a bit lighter, but you don't see those pop up for sale often, and they usually aren't this cheap when they do.

I think ST is a big fan of the 241, I know nothing about them :cool:.

The MS241 surely is a nice little saw, but I'm also sure that the 545 will outperform it by some margin in all but the smallest wood, and actually handle better for limbing etc, despite some more weight. This (the handling) may vary with who is using the saws of course, and how things are done.

The MS surely is a nice little saw, but I'm also sure that the 545 will outperform it by some margin in all but the smallest wood, and actually handle better for limbing etc, despite some more weight. This (the handling) may vary with who is using the saws of course, and how things are done.
I agree with all that.
I prefer the 545/550 for handling myself as I'm sure you know. I run a good number of the smaller stihls, once they are down below 10lbs for the powerhead and are running the picco chain/bar the handling doesn't seem to matter as much to me. Much may be personal preference, but I do enjoy the 50cc huskys, it's probably my favorite saw to run.
The one place the 241 will out do the 545 is in fuel economy, they sip the fuel, they run a long time on a tank of fuel and they have a small tank. The 545/550 does a great job on fuel economy to, but it is a larger cc saw so it's expected to be a bit heavier and to use more fuel, but it also has the "extra power" to make up for that ;). If I was building a 2 saw plan I would much rather have the 545/550, but if I was building a multiple saw plan I would have both, which I do.

….
The one place the 241 will out do the 545 is in fuel economy, they sip the fuel, they run a long time on a tank of fuel and they have a small tank. The 545/550 does a great job on fuel economy to, but it is a larger cc saw so it's pretty expected to be a bit heavier and to use more fuel, but it also has the "extra power" to make up for that ;). If I was building a 2 saw plan I would much rather have the 545/550, but if I was building a multiple saw plan I would have both, which I do.

Yes, I know that for certain jobs (that require several tanks of fuel) the better fuel economy of the 241 may compensate for a little slower cutting (as fewer refills may be needed). I believe it was @MCV that once demonstrated it in an AS thread?

This only applies if you don't want to take pauses anyway though. I have never worked that way with a chainsaw - I enjoy taking pauses (and a smoke, :drinkingcoffee:, etc.), and then it doesn't cost much extra time to refill (or top up) the saw.
I don't recommend smoking while actually refilling the saw though - :eek::lol:.

Latest posts

Back