• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 545

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lotta bang for the buck!
Thanks, they are a great saw.
Just finished running it a few minutes ago :).
I'm a newcomer to chainsaws; hurricane Michael finally nudged me over the line.

I picked the 545 as my first saw. So far, no regrets! If it can't handle it, it's probably something I shouldn't be trying to do.

Good luck with the sale!
Welcome to AS Eskimo.
Should serve you well. One tip, don't leave it sit around with ethanol fuel in it ;).
Some things should be left to the pros for sure, be careful out there.

Welcome to AS Eskimo.
Should serve you well. One tip, don't leave it sit around with ethanol fuel in it ;).
The gas station just down the road from my house has ethanol-free available; very convenient. That's what all the outdoor power equipment gets.
Some things should be left to the pros for sure, be careful out there.
I'm trying to approach things thoughtfully and stay out of trouble. Lots to learn!

The gas station just down the road from my house has ethanol-free available; very convenient. That's what all the outdoor power equipment gets.

I'm trying to approach things thoughtfully and stay out of trouble. Lots to learn!
That's perfect, ours is about 3 miles from us.
Storm damage is some of the most dangerous cutting and probably the worse for getting a bar caught in, it will teach you quick :surprised3: lol.

Storm damage is some of the most dangerous cutting and probably the worse for getting a bar caught in, it will teach you quick :surprised3: lol.
You've got that right! I have a number of those "lessons" waiting for me in my yard.

The wind puts the wood on the ground wherever it feels like it.

Is this comparable to the stihl 241 or what ever
What's up buddy.
No, you should know, huskys in now way are comparable to stihls :laugh:, and yes the 241 or whatever:laughing:.
For the stihl guys who may be crush by that joke, I have a 241 and have had a few, great saws. Besides why are you in a husky for sale ad :surprised3:.
It's actually one size up as the 241 is a 40cc saw and this is a 50cc saw. The 241 weighs a little less.
The 543 is more comparable to the 241 as far as specs go.
Screen Shot 2018-12-15 at 2.04.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-15 at 2.06.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-15 at 2.07.28 PM.png

I see, i been using a 450 for 50cc at work until i ran it over with the tractor used @cuinrearview parts to fix it and its still not running right( my fault as i ran it over ) so 359 did 90% of the cutting and 372 rest i need more saws another blower and hedge trimmer , it never ends.i traded all my stihls to another member for fishing rods then ran into alot tree work lol

I see, i been using a 450 for 50cc at work until i ran it over with the tractor used @cuinrearview parts to fix it and its still not running right( my fault as i ran it over ) so 359 did 90% of the cutting and 372 rest i need more saws another blower and hedge trimmer , it never ends.i traded all my stihls to another member for fishing rods then ran into alot tree work lol
I like those 450 ranchers, they do a great job when not ran over lol.
Fishing poles lol.

Yep.
I also like the flippy caps and the captured nuts on the clutch cover as well as the master control switch that returns to run after shutting it off, all features I really like about these.
I'll probably keep it and list the 550, seems if it doesn't say xp on it the crowd is more limited, doesn't bother me though, I'll run it. I've also got a running 353 that's leaking bar oil and seems to need the tune adjusted I may list. I'll probably run the 545 and the 353 today helping a friend with some wood for his boiler.
Did you order this rain :baba:.

No rain dances here.

My 350 drools oil too. I read something about shimming the oil tube with gasket material where it meets the case. I've been going to try that.

No rain dances here.

My 350 drools oil too. I read something about shimming the oil tube with gasket material where it meets the case. I've been going to try that.
I haven't looked at it yet, I'll know more today after running it a bit. I don't totally remember if the oil leak was fixed on this one or not, just mentioned it incase someone was wanting it, rather have it said than to forget to say it.

I haven't looked at it yet, I'll know more today after running it a bit. I don't totally remember if the oil leak was fixed on this one or not, just mentioned it incase someone was wanting it, rather have it said than to forget to say it.
I'd love to have it, but I need to stop buying all but the screaming deals for project saws for a minute. Only 1/3 of what I have is running and ready to cut right now. I need to flip that ratio over...

Latest posts

Back