Husqvarna 55 Rancher no spark, even after new coil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am getting that feeling as the place I bought it from hasn't replied to my emails. I am ticked off of no reply. If they 100% will not take back an electronic part, at least tell me so. For now I have a chinese coil on it. I will have to order another coil from a AS sponsor so I know I'll get great service.

I'd run the Chinese coil until it proved to me to be bad. If you bought that coil from ebay you can file a claim and probably get a refund.
I guess I can run the cheap one until it fails. I have back up saws.:chainsaw:
I didn't buy it of ebay. Oh well.... live and learn:envy:

I have heard that but never had to file a claim. I guess that is a good idea for next time ordering parts like that.

Usually you don't have to file a claim, just get in contact with most buyers and state your problem and they'll take care of it. Just choose a buyer that has been around for awhile and check his feedback to see his history of sales and you'll be okay.

Great job. I had got 2 bad oem modules oem from dealer. Finally switch to a 1 piece coil from China and no problems for 2 years.

I have a rancher 450, it was giving me problems starting and running. I changed the spark plug, air filter and fuel filter and checked my spark, there was none.

I did a continuity check and found that my coil was grounded. I first suspected the switch. After a little hunting I found that the factory crimp rubbed raw the coil wire insulation and was grounding it out.

If you take the pullstart cover off and the air deflector you will see the coil. On the left side is a wire with green on it and on the right is a black wire.

The one with green is the coil wire, the one one the right is a ground wire. Both go to the switch.

The problem was near the coil, both wires are shrink tubed together right near the coil, the blackwire has a ring crimp connector, this crimp connector has a sharp edge the with the vibration wore through the insulation on the green wire and shorted it to ground.

You have to cut back the shrink tube to expose the whole connector, only one or two strands were exposed, but enought to ground out the coil.

I tapped the raw wire and reassembled the saw and now it starts in the first pull and will idle without shutting off by itself.

I read above where someone replaced the coil and still had no spark. I hope this helps someone out.

Back