Husqvarna 55 rancher will not fire

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its on crank. Look for cut in crank that woodroof key sits in or flywheel molded keyway fits in. Look on tapered surface from rear or flywhe. You should see it.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I would bet your getting way to much fuel.make sure the plug is dry and clean.pinch off the fuel line. Then spray some fuel mix from your can in the plug hole.just put some mix in a spray bottle. Leave the fuel line pinched.i bet it fires.i just went three this on a 372xp.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

On backfire it breaks the integrally molded key(nub) off and remnant can still in crankshaft.
I had to guess the position of the flywheel back onto my friends saw then tighten it in position and lock it down.
Good guess. It has run ever since.
It has been a long time so I checked the IPL and did not see seperate key listed.

I just pulled the flywheel off and everything looks okay, the key was lined up and if you just slide the flywheel on it does rotate the piston so i feel there is good connection once locked down.

Do you think the chinese kits from Huzl are okay cylinder and piston, cheap enough to get this and maybe another carb, you would think this should eliminate everything.

No. U should deal with What you have now.

I seen mine fire a blue spark an not run after bottle feeding it . Read were coils will fire but the timing is off . Once did a new PC to figure this out . New coils can be found cheap less 10 dollars

Get oem. NO CHINESE. Get used oem all over on ebay

Ever find a fix for your saw? I've had trouble with coils that will throw a spark when cold, but won't work for beans once the saw fires up for a minute. (Or maybe just too weak a spark to work right.). A new coil has fixed the "mystery problem" for me a couple of times on the 55 and 51. Anyone else seen that? Any ideas on how to minimize/cure that problem?

Back