Husqvarna 562XP Carburettor Conversion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got one 562xp x torq in yesterday, guess gotta start someplace,- doesnt idle and lack of power and when I took the spark plug out it was white - a little lean I would say, the only good news is it has pretty good compression and no scores on the exhaust side of piston but another known issue is the ring pin going a missing allowing the ring to do whatever it feels like but don't really want to get into that yet, love learning but this one ... hmmmm.... makes ya wonder why they couldn't just leave well enough alone with the hands on carb.

Just got one 562xp x torq in yesterday, guess gotta start someplace,- doesnt idle and lack of power and when I took the spark plug out it was white - a little lean I would say, the only good news is it has pretty good compression and no scores on the exhaust side of piston but another known issue is the ring pin going a missing allowing the ring to do whatever it feels like but don't really want to get into that yet, love learning but this one ... hmmmm.... makes ya wonder why they couldn't just leave well enough alone with the hands on carb.
Yah ... the pin works it’s way out of the piston and can cause catastrophic damage ... the Chainsawguy has a video on utube showcasing this flaw

It runs but is real erratic - starts and idles but when you give it gas it revs up and stays there at high rpm and shuts itself down, did a carb tear down, gas line good, no difference, next a leak down test, could be letting air into the system and causing the chip to react the way it does??? First I think I will finish up on a 372 build with an adjustable carb:)

Pulled it down yesterday, nasty saw to work on, tried pressure testing and couldn't even get a reading on my mitivac so I hooked up my compressor for a steady flow of 10 lbs, air coming out from under the fly wheel side, seal shot, removed it and a cageless bearing lurked below, Saw built in 2012- don't know if it's worth me rebuilding it for the owner, who is an arborist, or buy a new saw that is equivalent without all the space ship tec. in it, is there an equivalent that is made by Husqvarna or Stihl that is more like the 372 style engineering, the owner of the co. asked me to look into it.

Wondering if you ended up getting anywhere with this?
Old thread, - seems to me it went out of here along with a few other 5 series saws like it to become parts saws, - I point blank refuse to work on saws without a real carb setup, stick to my 3 series Huskys and Sthils about that age group.

Old thread, - seems to me it went out of here along with a few other 5 series saws like it to become parts saws, - I point blank refuse to work on saws without a real carb setup, stick to my 3 series Huskys and Sthils about that age group.
Thanks, I prefer the older saws too but recently picked a 562XP missing it's top end & I'm trying to figure out what my options are

Back