Husqvarna 562xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benjie Duke

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a friend who logs. He bought a Husqvarna 562xp. It went to rattling after 3 months after he bought it. He took it back where he bought it for $700. They told him that the fuel and oil mixture was wrong. And charged him $45 to tell him that. He said he had to pay them the $45 to get his saw back. I just can't believe that Husqvarna had knowledge of the rattling saw. Anyone's thoughts?

Hmm, they did have issues early on. I run mine 40to1 on knlotz super techniplate. And am in the middle of its first rebuild. (2012 saw still with the el44 carb) what's the rattle sound like? Something loose, bearing knock? A video would help. They are very smooth running in my experience. May be worth taking it to a different dealer. I'd not have paid that money personally but I also have a great dealer.

He's going to bring me the saw to repair it. Checking with another dealer is good advice. I know if it's a fuel mixture issue, the plating on the cylinder walls will be the first thing to go. He said it runs good it is just scary. I know I don't want to be around one when it separates. That's like holding a hand held bomb. I believe he is being legitimate. He said he put it up in storage after the $45. To me if it's rim sprocket mics out not much time on it. Husqvarna should make it good.

Hmm, they did have issues early on. I run mine 40to1 on knlotz super techniplate. And am in the middle of its first rebuild. (2012 saw still with the el44 carb) what's the rattle sound like? Something loose, bearing knock? A video would help. They are very smooth running in my experience. May be worth taking it to a different dealer. I'd not have paid that money personally but I also have a great dealer.
Do
You mean you wouldn't have paid $700 for the saw or $45 to get saw back? I'm just asking?

The $45.00 to get it back, well my dealer never would would have charged that. But I digress. Does he have another dealer close by? A noisy saw under warranty is unacceptable.

I completely agree, he does business with the dealer probably four or five times a year. It's not in his home town and he is black, in Georgia that has a lot to do with it. Still the issue is a rattling (knocking) saw. I don't know the dealer. I guarantee you he has customers with a warranty issue. That it's not an issue, he has it fixed immediately. Thanks a lot for your imput.

I have had my 562xp since mid 2015, genuinely have never done anything to it except adjust the carb....just kidding guys but seriously other then air filters and a spark plug once a year and cleaning out the carburetor that’s been one saw that’s had my back every time so I’m curious what the problem turns out to be like the previous post I always mix 40:1 with high octane fuel and full synthetic mix so it may very well be user error but that’s no reason to treat a customer any differently. On a side note if you wanna hate someone hate them for how they act not what color they are!

I should have seen the saw before I commented. Because the right shaft bearings was completely gone. Judging by the rim sprocket it about 200 hours on it. It's had a skip tooth chain on it from the start. He buys them by the roll. I see what Mr. Sean is talking about in the techniplate. A 24" bar with skiptooth chain is a load on that light saw. I appreciate all the inputs and apologies for speaking too soon.

I’ve personally seen lots of guys run these 562s out to 28 and 30” bars but if your after longevity then just use it with a smaller bar like we do usually a 20” and then get out a big power saw for those cuts that require a large bar that’s why I keep 4 saws setup and ready to go for different things all between 20”s to 42” bars since I never know what I’ll need now if it’s your only saw then yeah of course you can pop on a big bar I just wouldn’t recommend it for long periods of time....others may disagree and that’s fine they paid for that saw and they can run it however they want to I’ll never tell anyone what they should or shouldn’t do with something they paid there hard earned money for I just simply make a suggestion not to do it

Latest posts

Back