Husqvarna 565 intake crack

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

status1

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I bought a 565 today and while looking it over i noticed quiet a large crack in the intake boot. Hope you can see the crack in the photos, how many of you have seen this on brand new saws?
thumbnail_IMG_1416.jpgthumbnail_IMG_1414.jpg

Hi, just to put your mind at ease, the crack you are seeing is the division of the intake boot, you have three intake ports on the carb which connect to three tubes on the one piece rubber boot. (It's the same on the 550 and 560 and did catch me out a while ago when I was searching for an air leak!) it's nothing to worry about, it just looks odd! Kind regards, Toby.

Hi, just to put your mind at ease, the crack you are seeing is the division of the intake boot, you have three intake ports on the carb which connect to three tubes on the one piece rubber boot. (It's the same on the 550 and 560 and did catch me out a while ago when I was searching for an air leak!) it's nothing to worry about, it just looks odd! Kind regards, Toby.
Hi Toby, thanks for the reply, are you sure this will be ok? Its just that i have seen cracks just like this on 562s which were leaking, i don't want to ruin a $1500 saw.

Hi Toby, thanks for the reply, are you sure this will be ok? Its just that i have seen cracks just like this on 562s which were leaking, i don't want to ruin a $1500 saw.
Hi, I take it from your initial post that the saw is brand new? Before you start using it you can either wait for more responses from this thread or for absolute peace of mind, take it back to where you purchased it and discuss it with them. I totally understand your nervousness and I too want you to be 100% sure! Kind regards, Toby.

Is that 1500 usd? Because last week i looked and the 565 was well under 1000.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

That looks like my 562xp boot, its just the odd way they separate them. At any rate if your that worried about it, fire it up and give the area a squirt of carb cleaner, if it the rpm changes it's a leak. But tbh, it looks fine to me.

Back