Husqvarna 576xp port work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But why? Is there any purpose to running up there?

to make tuning by ear easier but then even if you know the limiter is there and can tell the difference in the way they sound or even just tune in wood a saw with a limited coil can be tuned easily. no reason at all on the AT saws other then maybe wanting it to tune higher RPM's doing things like limbing which it does not need to do. i'm still gonna try the swap but only to see if other coils that are not specific to the 576 will work with the gen 1 AT system.

Your saw does sound really beastly compared to how mine did at first. My muffler was done by a builder on here and I was not impressed with it at all. screws for deflector kept vibrating lose every 3-6 tanks and sounded like a raspy pingy POS. I redid it myself and it is much quieter, sounds better, fully screened, and does the same job. now nothing comes lose. so much better. worrying about screws coming lose while falling sucks!. the worst part is knowing they will in fact loosen. it's just a matter of when lol no amount of loctite could hold them! the added screen for the pipe port has a acorn nut welded on the inside and a screen rack welded so it holds the screen secure and tight against the pipe. i'm all ****ed up over it. i hate how it handles like a gutshot seagull compared to a 372 but i like how it will easily outrun a stock 390 after porting. mines up on the hill right now stashed in a hollowed out stump in -10 weather. should fire right up in the morning lol.

a7d9e9093cb3fd89ec14e4ad162bf382.jpg
Need a vid of that saw rattling windows

2016-01-03-12-45-05-jpg.475798

I know this is an old thread but I just recently picked up a 576xp. I noticed that it has a stop on the crabs adjustment screw did you just cut them off this saw?

With these three saws the 570/575/576 there’s a new kid on the block that’s smoother than the 372xp. Don’t forget about these saws with a little porting.

The way the exhaust port steps down lower into the muffler is the same as the older husky dirtbikes were made. I guess it’s a carry over from the bike engineering.

Back