Husqvarna 61 mind blown

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Everett Phillipston

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have spark,
I have fuel.
I have 130lbs compression with just 3 pulls.
I have gapped and I regapped and regapped the coil/flywheel...
Mind you, I have good blue spark when I put the plug in the boot and ground it on the cylinder head.

Put the plug back in and try to start it I get nothing. I have tried 3 brand new plugs.

Go ahead...

I mean, even if that was the case, the saw should fire at least; maybe wouldn’t stay running, but it should at least fire, cough, spit, run rough. I get nothing; not even the suggestion of it firing.

Just for ***** n giggle. Check your decompression plug, if it is push in, pop it out. Then let me know if it started.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

There is no decomp valve on a circa ‘90 husky 61
Can you flood the saw? If not, impulse hole or intake gasket plugged. From here it sounds like fuel delivery problem. Will it fire if you introduce fuel through spark plug hole?
Check all wiring including spark plug lead to ensure nothing is intermittently grounding.

Can you flood the saw? If not, impulse hole or intake gasket plugged. From here it sounds like fuel delivery problem. Will it fire if you introduce fuel through spark plug hole?

Negative. Thought that myself. Moreover, getting fuel mix as I see it vaporized coming out the plug hole when I test the plug for spark

Clarify: it will not fire with mix introduced through the plug hole. And it can be flooded. There is also fuel mix wet on the plug when removed from the head

The magnets//key slot positions are totally different between the one and two piece coil assemblies and flywheels. They are not interchangeable between ignition systems.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

The magnets//key slot positions are totally different between the one and two piece coil assemblies and flywheels. They are not interchangeable between ignition systems.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Understood. It is a one piece coil. The flywheel is as well

Nobody is gonna be happy till we figure this one out.
If it was a flywheel issue it would kick like a horse.
A bit of a stretch, but will the clutch drum spin freely by hand?

Back