Husqvarna Going to Sears & Lowes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I heard that Husqvarna is going to sell all their products to Lowes & Sears

Anybody else heard about this?

Sounds like there will be a lot of dealers dropping Husky!

Sounds like you will be able to buy saws from the 350 on down at your local Lowes. The big boys will still be sold by dealers. May actually help the dealers because it will put more of the low end saws out there and you cant get them fixed at Lowes, so where do you go?

i have to believe this is true. i talked to a husky dealer today(everyday) and he said for a fact lowes and sears will carry the smaller husky's. sears and lowes are not supposed to cut the other dealers throat on price. what happends at the "end of year blowout sale"?
they will still need many hometown dealers to service these saws.
electrolux is killing themselves by having too many irons in the fire. take chainsaws, husky,jonsered,poulan pro and partner. why are they competing with themselves? why are they hurting their local dealers?
i also heard that lowes is offering" take it home for the weekend, if you like buy it, if not, just return it. no questions asked". hey john, lets get some free saws from lowes this weekend and sell some firewood.

Electrolux is trying to do a little too much I'm afraid. They want the pro users and Willy homeowner at the same time. They already have the junk Poulans, but they want to sell $200-300 Huskys instead of the $99 Poulans. Too many cooks in the kitchen!

when lowes signed the contract with husky, lowes said they will make 30 million dollars the first year.
they will only carry minor tune up parts( air filters,plugs,chains,etc.)

When I 'm ready to buy

I am definately going to go to a Husky dealer. What can Sears and Lowes know about Husky saws, and how will they answer question or give you any tips? I for one would pay a little more and drive a little further to get my stuff from the dealer, as most dealers know these saws inside and out. Now thats worth something! I don't imagine Sears and Lowes will run your saw and check it with a tech, and make sure everthing is as it should be so when you get to the woodpile you are cutting wood with no ????in around.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Thumper

Thats part of the problem. Husqvarna could get a black eye over this when Yuppie Bob plops down $300 for his 350, then goes out in his back yard and doesnt know how to adjust the chain or mix the fuel or break the motor in properly and the thing lasts three months and he has all kinds of problems. I dont know, I may have to change my name to JonseredMan

Oh yes,Yuppie bob will go to lowes and buy the thing then use and break it because he has never used a saw before then come in whinning thats it's a piece of junk and you repair the saw and charge him for his stupidity and now your the no good S.O.B. and what a rotten shop you run and then yuppie bob tells 15 of his yuppie friends that your no good then loose those customers before you even saw them !!!! Thank you husky !!!!

Your right Rick. And what about the people who bought one at the homecenter in the first place, because Husky is a good name brand. They probably don`t realize that what is available to them at Lowes and Home Depot is not what Husky built there good name on. Husky will be building a piss poor name with disgruntled, un-knowledgeable masses. This has already happened to Stihl around here by letting every Tom, ????, and Harry who had the start up money be a Stihl "Servicing Dealer" and I get the feeling that the problem exists throughout the continent from reading other posts. In all fairness, I do know that Husky also has dealers that simply shouldn`t be. I just feel for the real saw shop or small engine dealers who will be hurt by this. And what about the potential for the product liability that can result from all those Harry Homeowners using Husky saws when they hurt someone, or damage someone`s property. I would say that this is a market best left un-tapped.Roused and Riled Russ:blob2: :angry:

i think this is just a good way of getting more good saws in the hands of more consumers. stihl sells here in a ace hardware - same kind of chain as lowes just smaller. if harry homeowner uses a saw it might as well be husky - right? and for the husky dealers - well you are digruntled about servicing the saws of these people who have bought theirs from lowes etc. - arent you chargin them for service - its more business for you right? echo sells in home depot also. im sure there has been quite educated market analysis done on the sales potential and brand name impact on the behalf of husqvarna before this move was made - they are the ones who will suffer if this doesnt work. personally i think this could be a really good thing for husky and husky customers!

(just my 2c worth)

Remember what happened to Homelite & McCulloch???

Out of Business

Homelite was making saws in the '70s and '80s that looked like they could burn an 088 along with the fuel mix. Then they started making mass-market crap in the late '80s/early '90s. I sometimes wonder what would have happened if they had held on to their pro saw line and kept developing the technology. Maybe Husky would only be available through harbor Freight. :)

robert,
i think when more people find out about this site TSF will dry up.
i only really post when someone gives some off the wall advise and it looks like someone may get hurt or killed. i still insist noone can become a logger or an arborist on the net. marty

Back