Husqvarna Going to Sears & Lowes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tool Shed Forum (TSF) its a overly strict forum, but obviously do like Disneyland. Huskyman, if you want to view it, clear your cookies. Their loss my gain.:blob2: I asked the same question, so dont feel green.:alien:

It is a shame that it has come to this, but I think that all of the big name power equipment companies at one time or another get suckered into the BIG BOX stores. Mcculloch and Homelite tried and died long ago. But Husky will probably fair better in Lowes and Home Depot because of their extremely deep pockets(Electrolux). $$$$$. And the accountants will cheer. But none the less the servicing dealer will always make out in the end. You think they are gonna have some teenage kid in the back warehouse of Home Depot fixing 51's or 357xp's?:rolleyes:

hey - the guy fixing a saw is making money - they guy fixing your saw after you put the wrong gas/oil mix in it is still making money. who want's more poulans? husky has been great to me - also at places that stihl would not allow service to be performed - ie. my hometown. bring it on - if they suck ill switch...if i get the servise that i would usually get - gimme a break - a 372 at lowes - i dont think so.

each store will have two or three dealers to do the major work. the stores will only carry the bottom of the line saws and only do minor tune-ups. they will not under sell the dealers either. they will also have a try it for the weekend, if you like it, buy it, if not bring it back, no questions asked.
i do not believe they will not under sell the dealers.

I received the following information about what equipment Lowes and Sears will be carrying:

Chainsaws: 340, 345, 350, 55R, 359
Power Cutter: 371K
Clean Sweep: 325LX
Hedge Trimmers: 325HS-75, 325HE4
Trimmers: 325C, 322L, 325LX, 325EX
Blowers: 145BT, 225BX
Pole Saw: 325PA
Mower: 16H Swedish articulating rider

This information was published in the 4th Qtr edition of Forest Applications News.

i thought the 55 rancher was not available anymore as it was discontinued...or was it just the 55?

i think this is the begining to the end for husky. over half of the dealers in our area have droped them. if thay sell more junk than pro, thay will lose there good name. just like hometite.
quality is better then quanity in opinion.

ok...myself as a Husqvarna dealer, do not condone the fact that Husky is heading to a box store...but a friend brought up an interesting point/question...

How far behind is Stihl in doing the same?...before you hit the reply button..think about this....it may be a valid point...

Andreas Stihl ? is running the show?..how many years does he have left...hasnt he said only about 1.5 to 2? Who takes over at that point? It will be a board of directors....and how long do you think the board of directors will allow Husqvarna to take probably 90% of the 50cc and under consumer market..without wanting a piece of the action?...realistically, lets think about this...then hit reply..

I am personally thinking Stihl..and probably Jonsered as well(as they are under the same control as Husky) are only a few years behind......

It is something to consider, even though Sthils marketing plan says otherwise....alot of money to be had.....

Howdy,

Andreas Stihl passed away many years ago, and the company was then run by Hans Peter Stihl. He in turn became involved in many other interests outside of the company, and Eva Stihl (Peter Stihl's sister) esentially took over daily operation. That was up to about 10 years ago, and right now I am not familiar with exactly what the organization is in Germany.

Future marketing in the industry is a very large question right now. I foresee that things are headed for a major revolution due to the internet. Things are going to literally turn upside down, driven both by the consumer and the factory. Factory distributions are just the beginning. Centalization of factory distribution/direct sales is next. Dealers will not become extinct, but become mostly service centers with the good one's being factory trained and updated annually, and doing more than one brand. Most new chainsaw sales will be either direct to consumer from the factory central warehouse, or via mass merchant.

The steady decline of profit percentage for dealers foretells this thing approaching. The coup d'grace will be when it becomes illegal to restrict distribution on the internet. Once a truely open market exists, all existing rules will be off. The extra middlemen will have to go.

Don't look around too hard, or you may see that a lot of this is already underway.

Regards,
Walt Galer

:cool: Ya gotta roll with the flow or jump ship.Sitting around and waiting for things to change is a waste.All the manufactures are cutting out middle men (distributers),and putting more pressure on us (dealers),to stock more parts and have educated personal + pay more to keep these educated personal.It's costing us dealers alot just to kneel to these DEMANDS of the manufactures.Why do we do it?? I know I love this business and of course the feeling of a good job done.But the old days are gone and if we are going to stay in business up go the rates and we have to mark up our profits ourselves.:D

Back