Husqvarna Hightop and filter kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HuskyNI

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Would like to get feed back on desire for an aftermarket Hightop and filter kit for 2 series Husqvarna and associated Jonsereds. Top cover would be injection molded likely in black. Filter kit would include a fresh design on the adapter out of aluminum. Filter would be a standard washable and oiled filter. At present time we are looking at offering whole kits or pieces of kits. Also, what is the desire for the same style kit for the 3 series saws? Interested in hearing any and all opinions.

Seems like there is a good amount of people looking for hi tops for 2 series saws. You thinking of producing some?

We have been discussing whether or not a kit including a new spin on the velocity stack, HD filter and high top cover would be desirable for these older saws. Manufacturing the velocity stack and sourcing the filters is relatively simple. Building a mold and getting into injection molding is where the real money and time will be spent. It seems that hobbyist saw guys like myself and most of us on this site really enjoy working on and modding the 2 series saws.

I would be interested in one, but the chainsaw community is small. How many guys wrench on old saws? How many of those like the older huskies? How many of those guys want a filter setup? If you wanted to do it to contribute to the community then yes its a great idea. If you're looking to make money.....not so much. All you really need to make is the top cover. You can already buy V-stacks and filters for them. It's like the old Eliminator setup that was available at one time. Btw I have an eliminator cover for a 266 if you needed a template.

Back