Husqvarna rancher 55 leaking fuel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I just got out of the basement and I think I've got it figured out. I took carb and all the plastic stuff out and checked the inlet boot and the impulse grommet. Both looked good. Put it all back together and then gave the fuel line a real good look. Pulled it out of grommet about 1/4" and found some pretty extensive cracking. Hopefully the fuel line is the problem! The pics didn't come out very well but I think you can see it.image.jpg

Aha, so it does. I see the 4 holes in the baffle. Not sure whether to drill more holes or what. Gas pipe, what did you cut away, exactly?image.jpg

Thanks for all the help. I started to remove the baffle, but it was in there pretty good, so I just bent it straight up, so now it is just a partial partition inside instead of forming that closed box with holes. Forgot to take a pic inside, but this is what it looks like from the outside now, showing the opened up exit baffleimage.jpg . Still awaiting the fuel line...

If you get too aggressive with the outlet, it will melt the chain brake. I had to make an extended cover for mine after I opened it up.

Yeah... Mine already is burned up a little just from the stock pipe. We'll see how this works. I do have access to welding/brazing equipment if it looks like we're heading for a meltdown

Yeeee haw!!! I just replaced the fuel line, filter, cut off the jet limiters and installed a new spark plug and put her all back together. Filled her up with gas (yes, gas with oil in it...) and lube oil and gave her a test run. Ran like a top! Adjusted the low and stop for good idle and acceleration, and then the high until she was just four stroking. Ran like a raped ape! Sounds great, too. But the acceleration and throttle response are like never before. Very snappy and responsive. Awesome, in a word. Very pleased to have it up and running, and not dogging out in me. Can't wait until daylight to cut some wood and final tune it. Thank you very much to everyone that helped me out. Made the process quick and efficient, and the mods and tuning help were excellent. Love this forum!!

Latest posts

Back