Husqvarna Starting Issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happytule

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi, all-

I have a Husky 570 chainsaw that I am having trouble starting.

It's been sitting for a few years, may have been left with some old fuel for some of that time and I am wondering if the carb is gunked up (Is it true that Husqvarna's are more prone to that than other saws?)

I put some fresh fuel in the saw, as I said it won't start.

But I removed the air filter, sprayed a little Gumout & it will run off that for about a second.

What are my options for resolving this?

Is there an additive I can put in the fuel tank that will clear out any gunk?

Does starting it with Gumout help things along at all?

How involved is taking it apart and cleaning it up?

Worst case I can take it to my local small motor shop and he'll fix it for a hundred bucks, but I'd rather do it myself if I can.

Assuming it's not too gummed up, what might work?

Best,

Chris

Husqy isnt any more or less prone to these issues then any other saw. It's time to take the carb off and clean it, amd toss a kit in it. If your unable to do the work, a new carb is always a good option. Also a prime time to check out the fuel line, and change the filter.

In any equipment i work on i cant say i have seen satisfactory results in a mechanic in a bottle product , particularly in ones that dont run. Personally i use an ultra sonic cleaner i paid 170 for
Mine from Amazon and it works wonders, it gets used for stuff from guns to carbs to my wife's jewelry. Mine is large enough to submerge a football, much more than needed for a saw carb, but a 600cfm 4 bbl Holley fit fine. I never use anything more harsh than simple green and sometimes just plain water. When done pitch it down the drain. I give the carbs a quick rinse with can spray carb and choke and reassemble.

Drain out all the gas. Put an 1/8 cup of carb cleaner in the tank. Does the saw have a priming button? You'll want to give that some good presses, at least 6, maybe up to 10. Set and release the choke (I'm assuming that 'primes' by squirting a bit of gas into the carb - anyone who knows better, please post).

Repeat that process another couple times. The idea is to flush out the old gas, and get the carb cleaner into the tiny passages so the varnish is dissolved. Let the saw sit for a day, then repeat. Then dump out the carb cleaner, put in brand new gas and oil, and maybe a bit of Stabil (which will continue to dissolve varnish).

I left my boat sit in the back yard for 10 years, with a few minutes of runtime in the first 5 years. Premium non-alky fuel and stabil, and when I rebuilt the carbs last year they *literally* looked brand new inside. Motor started up on first crank.

Sorry, this post is very long, for a summary of my questions, jump to TLDR at the bottom.

It's time to take the carb off and clean it, amd toss a kit in it. If your unable to do the work, a new carb is always a good option. Also a prime time to check out the fuel line, and change the filter.

Well, I tried a little carb cleaner in the fuel tank, that doesn't seem to be working, so I will undertake your challenge, er, suggestion, sir & rebuild my carburetor, something I've never done. I just rebuilt my first hydraulic cylinder a few months ago & learned a lot, so I expect the same will happen here.

My first hurdle is ordering the parts. Are all Husqvarna 570's going to use the same parts?

Mine is badged Husqvarna 570 E-tech II.
The model number is: 967 09 12--00

I've found various manuals on-line that have what I am guessing is the year of mfg in the file name.

How do I decipher my model number?

I bought the saw in 2013 on eBay. The auction description described the saw as:
This saw was part of a fleet of saws from a local government agency they decided to change models mid season so this one did not see a lot of use.

Based on that I would guess it was manufactured in 2012. Is that what the 12 means in my model number? Or perhaps 2009?

I have an assortment of PDFs that list the models as:
570 AutoTune
570 EPA II
570 EPA III
570 XP (Windows version?)
570 XPG

Are any of these manuals applicable to my saw?

And where can I find a parts list? Husqvarna's website just gives me a dumb look when I enter my model number.

I have a feeling there's just a bit of information that I need, but don't know....

TLDR
My saw is badged:
Husqvarna 570 E-tech II.
The model number is:
967 09 12--00

1. How do I read the model number? Is the mfg date in there?

2. Which manual should I be using? I can't find one my "E-tech II" listed as the model.

3. Where can I get a parts manual?

4. Where do you order parts?

Best,

Chris

Back