Husqvarna Sticky!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does that 60” bar come with wheels? Lmao That’s a biggie. The last time I cut with the 385/575 with a 32” / 28” bars I needed to do two cuts from both sides. Big diameter trunks I could of used a 60” bar on a 3120.
Well it probably should, these bars are thicker and quite a bit heavier than a normal bar.
I did however use one of these on a 088 stihl.
I found this large 6' burl growing on a big eucalypt and had to have it even though it was about 12 feet from the ground.
I managed to drag the saw up a ladder in one hand and climbing with the other.
Thankfully it started easily but it took all my strength to raise it above my head and cut the burl off along side of me.
It was a very risky and stupid thing to do at the time but I couldn't leave this beautiful burl. Once it hit the ground I leant back against the tree for a bit to regain some energy when a big wasp stung me on the ear lobe, wow it felt like someone punched me, I dropped the saw and came tumbling after.

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

I got lucky I found the orginal Husqvarna top end kits. They come with a new Husqvarna cylinder, new piston, new rings, new pin, new c clips. I found three orginal husky top end kits a 372xp, a 575 and a 285/2100 im not sure about the last one the number checks out to be a 285. Am I lucky or what, these are slim to none in finding any.

I’m looking at number six 570 husky if the price is right. I guess we can’t have too much of a good thing.

I had a bultaco matador 250. Call it THE BEAST!

I have 8 Husqvarna dirtbikes from ‘77 to 85 mostly air cooled. From 250/390/420/430/500 cr/or/wr. All basket cases plus new and used parts too. Another hobby, a fun hobby it’s a Swedish ride that’s unbelieveable. 100 mph down thebstraights.

Muffler mod on the old 266 today!!
9c6995bc0ea7a3bdefa59072d0479e42.jpg
3f39a65c4347ba519b1b08af93cf74cb.jpg
9c0316e70d96f7c797de607913948ecc.jpg

Picked up the 480cd this morning. Had a quick look inside p/c look great. Locking up appears to be possibly loose coil or magnet or a loose piece behind flywheel. Do the starter pawls come off to allow a puller to be used?

Edit:
Removed flywheel via judicious hammer hit on crank stub. Found a washer stuck to magnets causing the ‘hard’ seizure. Removed reassembled and a squirt or three and she runs. May need a carb kit if adjustment wont respond.

Attachments

• 23AF8FB5-DC30-4AE0-AD0B-B3BDCE335CD9.jpeg
    23AF8FB5-DC30-4AE0-AD0B-B3BDCE335CD9.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
These were decent saws nothing that will beat the world but quality saws. You can tweet them with a bigger tooth rim and plug the over speed governor in the carb. Porting a tad would wake it up too. The stock 480cd I just picked up screams. Lots of life left in her.

My two 2100’s (99cc) showed up today along with a 346xp.

Thanks Bill. Played with carb adjustments today and it responded very well. Previous owner had it too fat on low and too lean on high. Got that sortef and she starts clean with a nice idle and comes alive smoothly. Will touch up the chain and put her into some wood soon.
Will pick up my 181se this weekend at my SILs so that will add to the fun.
Sounds like you have some treasures to play with eh! Gotta love healthy engines for sure!!

I like big power heads I can not lie, when I want to cut, I want to cut as fast as I can. I gave my oldest son a jred 910e next my youngest son will get a 181 with a big bore kit. I’ll be working on my 480 that’s in my pic next. Full wrap around bar, twin spikes. Then I have two 80 basket cases a 480 & 380.

In a time when there was no Husqvarna xp’s. We only had professional models as far as pro saws went. You see me talk about my late 70’s husky 240 SG on how awesome it was I found a video on it.

Walter these saws are no joke, plenty of power. I’m bring up my youngest son slow on the bigger saws. The husky 460 rancher first then the 570 next the 181 with a big bore kit. Then he should run saws up to my 385/ 2100’s.

Yes she is a beast!!
Had flooded it trying to start it with a faulty kill switch in off position. Once i got spark and opened the throttle scree it begrudgingly started. A few goes like that and finally could keep it running and cleared up. Starts and runs great now. Will sink it into some wood this weekend

If you search here and on eBay the prices do vary. But these 81/88 cc saws are holding there value. Slightly larger than the 266/268 plus it’s in the 80cc’s. Back in the day I ran my dealers hot 288 saw to break it in and raced it I should of bought them then. Luckily I have two in my stable now. Price wise there between $450 to $600.

I wonder what’s coming out next with husky? Maybe I should break my piggy bank and go for a new 3120. Before there gone.

Back