Husqvarna Sticky!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What older husky saws are the most sought after?

Is it the Husqvarna 2100? The 2101? The 1100? The 298? The 285? The 480?

With the new 70cc power houses taking there share of the market weight vs power what will the upper end of the bigger cc’s look like in a few years?

I just found out on the early 2100’s the cylinder screws are a 3/16” hex. I’m measuring to install a compression release on my 2100’s. Looks like infront of the sparkplug is the thickest location in the cylinder.

My local husky dealer just bought out another husky dealer. He has plenty of husky parts in-house. He’s “ chain saws unlimited” in southbury, ct. tell Dave that the big guy husky bill sent you. As parts get harder to find it’s good to have a dealer like this. I been dealing with Dave since 1980.

I didn’t know about the cylinder bolts being 3/16” hex.
Yeah, My recollection is that the cylinder screws and handle screws are the only non-metric fine threads on the 2100, very different to the older 480 cylinders which have M4 bolts screwed into captive nuts held in place in the crankcase with spring clips.
Unless I'm mistaken 61, 266, 181, 281 also have 3/16" hex cylinder bolts.

I just removed some cylinders from smaller saws I think they were 5mm hex cap screws.

Btw, have to hand it to the Swedes on matching taper fits. I had a heck of a job today removing a flywheel from a 2100.

Even the crankshaft on the older husky dirtbikes has a taper fit with no keyway. They have machining taper fits down. Of course there ground.

I just removed some cylinders from smaller saws I think they were 5mm hex cap screws.

Btw, have to hand it to the Swedes on matching taper fits. I had a heck of a job today removing a flywheel from a 2100.

Even the crankshaft on the older husky dirtbikes has a taper fit with no keyway. They have machining taper fits down. Of course there ground.
You may be right about the bolts, they could be 5mm heads on 61/266 but with a course thread. (It's 30 years since I put one together)

I've only removed 2100 flywheels with the Husqvarna puller (attaches to 3 threaded holes) and even then you want to hold it at arms length while you hit the anvil bolt. It can come off with a bang and the crankcase shoot across the room, especially if there's any rust between the tapered bits.

Was in Vermont recently and started to split some rather large sugar maple rounds for firewood. Decided to use my 266xp with 20" bar to cut them in half for easier handling. That and the noodles make great kindling. Been a while but I was impressed with how the 266 split those logs , quite easily. Lots of power. Great saw. Really impressed.

Latest posts

Back