Husqvarna Sticky!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took out my husky 2100 build today. Need to advance the timing, install the support bracket on the carb, fit the front handle bar, install the dual spikes and muffler. Looks like a start up this weekend......finally.

Pulling parts together for the husky 1100. I’m not sure how rare these are and how rare is it to find a orginal complete 1100? I think it needs a orginal rear handle that I have somewhere in the parts. Looks like it takes a 480 type top cover and air filter. Different top cover but similar.
The saws can be so mix matched.

Then I found another complete 2100 that’s all together with compression, should run. I have so many 2100’s.

Finally getting better the therapy is working. I’m doing dumbbells to improve my upper body strength so I can start the bigger saws. It takes hard work to comeback.

Well my ported 2100 project is almost done need those stainless case protectors that go between the bar and case. No nylon sliders. I just bought some there Mia.

Had fun with the 390 today.

Attachments

• CC73009A-F6C1-4978-84BE-48760C027FF1.jpeg
    CC73009A-F6C1-4978-84BE-48760C027FF1.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 19
  • 9E33E001-B5A8-424A-8BCA-397A9598CA05.jpeg
    9E33E001-B5A8-424A-8BCA-397A9598CA05.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 17
Pulled my 181 apart last night to chance the seals, but the seals I ordered online for 181/281/288 are too small in OD.
The seals on my saw are the same on both sides which means I have a later 181 I believe, but no serial number tag so I don't know.

Can anyone tell me what size seals my saw should need?

Pulled my 181 apart last night to chance the seals, but the seals I ordered online for 181/281/288 are too small in OD.
The seals on my saw are the same on both sides which means I have a later 181 I believe, but no serial number tag so I don't know.

Can anyone tell me what size seals my saw should need?

I'm pretty sure you're looking for Husky PN 503 26 02-05

Metric seal 16X28X5

Check the diameter of the crankshaft where the seal rides. It should be 16mm

I'm pretty sure you're looking for Husky PN 503 26 02-05

Metric seal 16X28X5

Check the diameter of the crankshaft where the seal rides. It should be 16mm
I quickly checked the crank and Seal OD last night and I came up with 17x28x5. But I was using calipers and not a micrometer and the crank was still in the saw, so it wasn't that accurate, who knows.

@rocketnorton I'll take you up on the offer. You around tonight?

I got the urge to hear my rebuilt / ported 2100 fire up today. My son started it up, I didn’t advance the timing, or plug the governor yet. She sounded awesome. Now tuning it is next. It sounds sick in a good way. The beast is awake and well.

Took out my next 2100 to build already.

Hi guys!

I have an older 61 rancher that seems to be less desirable based on what I read here. Nonetheless, I like the saw and have used it to cut quite a bit of firewood. I run a 20" bar and cut about 4-5 cords of wood per season.

I have been noticing it's performance slowing and it also leaks bar oil real bad, thinking a rebuild is in order. With that said, is there a big bore kit worth buying? Are parts interchangeable from the 61 to the 61 rancher? Case seals and gaskets...

Thanks for any advice!

Hi guys!

I have an older 61 rancher that seems to be less desirable based on what I read here. Nonetheless, I like the saw and have used it to cut quite a bit of firewood. I run a 20" bar and cut about 4-5 cords of wood per season.

I have been noticing it's performance slowing and it also leaks bar oil real bad, thinking a rebuild is in order. With that said, is there a big bore kit worth buying? Are parts interchangeable from the 61 to the 61 rancher? Case seals and gaskets...

Thanks for any advice!
I think you can put a 272 top end on that saw to get some additional cc's, but you'll need the whole intake and carb to make it perform. Other than that, if everything is in good shape, put in new caber rings, ditch the base gasket, and mod the muffler and it should be a great saw.

I wish the gurus here would put together a sticky, chart on what interchanges cylinder and piston with certain stroke saws. Then some of us here can do a big bore kit.

Latest posts

Back