Husqvarna Sticky!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just installed a new P&C on a friends 240. Rebuilt carb and added new bearings and seals. Having an issue with carb settings as I can't get it to start. Anyone have an idea what the initial settings should be? Tried the usual 1-1/4 on both needles but no luck. Might add it's a terrible saw to work on.

Just installed a new P&C on a friends 240. Rebuilt carb and added new bearings and seals. Having an issue with carb settings as I can't get it to start. Anyone have an idea what the initial settings should be? Tried the usual 1-1/4 on both needles but no luck. Might add it's a terrible saw to work on.
Hey Bob, my Chain Saw Service Manual say that the 240 initial setting for the low and high speed mixture screws is one turn open .

I'll give a shot. Tried everything else eccept a new carb
UPDATE. Saw ran for a minute then abruptly stopped. Oh S. Recoil very hard to pull. Oh S. Tore saw apart again and found that the clutch side bearing/seal barely turns. Oh S. GUess when I installed it it got caught on the grove that holds the oiler spring and distoted the cage that holds the bearings.. Ordered a new bearing/seal. Just another $20 gone. Think I'll try freezing the crank before installing the new bearing.

Anyone have a paint pen MFG and or PN for a paint pen with Husqvarna Orange???? I need to do some touchup on a clutch cover. Thx guys.

Or should i say "thank you carbon based life form" just to be sure i am including everyone.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

So why am I having a hard time finding a bar for my Husq 36? Rural King has a selection of bars for 35s and 37s. How different are they?

That's what I don't get? Its common. But I can't find it anywhere but the dealer, with there mark- up. Rural King is like ten dollars cheaper.

So why am I having a hard time finding a bar for my Husq 36? Rural King has a selection of bars for 35s and 37s. How different are they?

Currently researching the same issue for my husky 41, only I am running a .325/.058 chain. It came to me with a 18"/095mount.
A 041 mount looks like it is OK and the oiler lines up. Some listings show an 095 mount which has a separate drilled oiled oiler hole.
I am also looking at my jonsered 525 which came with a 16". I wanted to swap bars. 40cc with 16"and 49cc with 18".
Some listings show the 41(36) same as my 525.
When swapped the 41 pisses oil like a stuck pig. While measuring the oiler hole it seems to be too far out and partially uncovering the oil gallery.
I get very little consistency on the bar mount pix. some have the drilled oiler like the conventional small husky mount and some with no hole like the 041mount.
I'm thinking I may have to dismantle the 41 and see if the case is cracked causing the leak?

Don't know the 525 . My 41 looks like the A095 bar would be a better choice . My 41 with a 16" A041 bar 56 drive link chain is very oily . When I measure the A095 bar slot center line to small oil outlet hole center line it matches up to the 41 dimensions .

Back