Husqvarna Sticky!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the top cover on the 162 looks odd is that one from the
Tomos factory in yugoslavia?,nice looking saws!
This saw is made from a bunch of parts that most people would have deemed unsavable. To this end I decided to paint the covers as this will be a shelf saw as a significant Husky model. I need to add the white stripes and some decals to it. Handle, and covers have all been painted. I will give a light sand down to the top cover before I add the stripes and will then clear coat. I am not usually into painting saws but sometimes you have no choice when it comes to old plastics. In Australia the high UV means that any saw that has been left in the sun will be badly faded.

On my haul I got a 41 which is a 40cc version of your 36cc saw.
The performance may be like a poulan 2150 except it is an antivibe chassis and it had the "air injection" which the centrifugal dust seperator on the flywheel/ induction system. The 41 chain was 325 or 3/8lp and acres site says the 36 is 3/8lp only ( may not be correct?)

Interesting tidbit, the flywheel is a 3 segment magnet...why? Still looking into this. magnetic sequence is S-N-S
14290-1503942912-6053246cdd9130ff49dcb8d36766d8c5.jpg

Information is some time as valuable as hardware...
In all the research I found the correct bar is D041. I also found oregon offers sprockets in .325, 3/8lp AND 1/4 spur or rim in 8 or 9 pin. The shaft is .394 (10mm). That makes these clutches interchangeable with late plastic poulans i.e. 2150 and similar. I knew they were similar since I used a poulan spur clutch for this husky 41 and a poulan 16" 3/8lp bar. Oiling flood continues but I now know what it is :cry:

Information is some time as valuable as hardware...
In all the research I found the correct bar is D041. I also found oregon offers sprockets in .325, 3/8lp AND 1/4 spur or rim in 8 or 9 pin. The shaft is .394 (10mm). That makes these clutches interchangeable with late plastic poulans i.e. 2150 and similar. I knew they were similar since I used a poulan spur clutch for this husky 41 and a poulan 16" 3/8lp bar. Oiling flood continues but I now know what it is :cry:

Dave , who made the D041 bar and what is the part number ?
Thank you.

Will a husqvarna 242 cylinder and piston fit a 42? Will a 44 cylinder fit a 42?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anybody know the max RPM for adjusting the carburetor on a Husky 55? Thanks in advance

Will a husqvarna 242 cylinder and piston fit a 42? Will a 44 cylinder fit a 42?
Thanks

242 p&c will fit a 42.
A 44 p&c doesnt fit, that cylinder belong to the 40 Practica, 44, 444 serie saws

Have a chance to buy a 238SE that probably needs a top end at least, Maybe bearings and seals too. Any thoughts on whether it is a saw to save?
238, top end kit is NLA and so is the piston, and far as I know there isnt any AM top end kit available either.
PTO bearing is NLA, PTO seal is NLA, but I belive those really old dealers may have NLA parts in stock.
Its a shame that Husky quit to have parts for 238 and 242, my opinion is that those two saws are still very attractive, if they pop up for sale in Norway they are sold inside 10 minute.

The 44 cleaned up nicely. The oiler vent is leaking but this saw oils like a trojan! I will try to source a new vent to stop the oil pooling when sitting.
So I'm very happy with this smallish saw. Just noticed that the lower edge of the metal chain brake is broken away, but it doesn't effect operation

Attachments

• MLNA0004.JPG
    MLNA0004.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 30
  • MLNA0005.JPG
    MLNA0005.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 32
Back