Husqvarna Sticky!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up an earlier 77 on the thrift. Sat neglected for years.

Didn't need too much to get it running. New lines, diaphragms massaged a bit and a new sprocket. Great compression and clean piston. It cuts wood now.

Needs the bigger spike. I'd take a template if anyone has one.

View attachment 804490

Nice , I'm still in the process of finding an air filter cover for mine.
Mine was given to me from a scrap pile,but like yours the piston and cylinder look great and has no problems holding itself by the starter cord.

Fired up my pawn shop husky 359 today. Drained the old gas, put in the husky pre mix and she fired up. Runs and cuts awesome. My question is it has a 3/8” chain is that what came on it. I’m running the 18” bar that came with it. I stole this one, no one wanted it.

Found out it comes with 3/8” chain. I was thinking of swapping it over to 325” full chisel with a 18” bar and a 9 pin rim?

Ran the 181/288 that I ported in the mill all day yesterday. Has a farmertec top end. 34" bar, 3/8" skip chain.
It was flawless, put probably 6-8 tanks of gas through it, not an ideal way to break in a new top end, but it seems strong. It'll be a handful for bucking i'm sure.

One thing I noted was that the oiler seemed stingy (I've got it turned all the way up). And that it was maybe drawing a vacuum in the oil tank when it was running. So I need to check the tank vent.

288.jpg

The V-stack and foam air filter do a much better job than the old school low-top filter, milling is especially dusty compared to cross cutting.

288-mill.jpg

27" max cut width with this set up and we made ~25 cuts with the wood ranging from 14" to 26" wide.

Probably need to do a muffler mod, this has the stock, one opening muffler with the stock deflector still on it. I'm sure there are gains still to be had, but for a simple (ish) port job, i'm impressed.

Ordered up the parts to build the 181se into 288xp ish. Will really appreciate the addition of the decomp lol.
If its the farmertec one, then the compression won't be all that bad stock, I had to take a bit off the base to get to .020" squish. When the saw is hot and proper starting technique is used I didn't even need the decomp. It made it easier, and would probably save the starter parts in the long run.

I found a husky 371 Xp in decent condition. I need to stop I have ocd bad.
I’m done for a while. This saw is marked 20”00” but it’s said the production ended in 1999? It’s 20 years old. When I told the seller it’s 20 years old we haggled the price. I figure the 371 Xp is pre 372 xp and the 371xp would be Rare?

fired up my favorite pawnshops 371 Xp husky today. Needs a few things, leaky gas cap, grommet on the choke lever, it sounds awesome. I ordered a full wrap bar, decals and the taller air filter and cover. Pics to follow.

Just got done with my cylinder for my 55 closed port.
I did a cleanup of the cylinder per say.image.jpgimage.jpg
Anybody have some numbers numbers they want to share for a work saw.
in 71
ex 109
trans 125
squish 20

Dumpster find? It runs? Lucky now buy a lotto ticket.
Well it wasn't running when I found it, lol ,but crank seals, carb rebuilt and muffler helped. It had a rascally leak at the manifold to cylinder gasket.
Honestly I need to do a compression test on it , this saw is stout to say the least , in the video I have to put my boot in it to hold it down to start it ! But the piston and cylinder look great so maybe they're new?

Back