Husqvarna Sticky!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent the last couple of years finding used and new OEM parts to rebuild this from a sorry state. It's finally done.
cbfee0ee16042b2b245c4357330edce3.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

My 268 stopped running in the heat. Before I look at it, (still cleaning up storm damage) I have a new oem husky 372xp piston/cylinder kit still in the box will it fit my 268? I have a 266 p/c kit too.

Hey Fella's, I got a ported 272xp that may get a hd filter set up. Is the HD air filter set up worth it. W/ the stock felt/flock filter I'm not getting many fines at all getting past the filter. I understand the HD flows a little better and filters a little better. Is the HD set up really all that? Worth a 100 bucks? Any noticeable power gains?
Thanks all

Trouble shooting, finding the root cause? For bearings spinning in the case? Please help out everyone is welcome and the ones who experienced this first hand.
We need to know what models?
Was the saw kept dirty? (As in aircleaner not cleaned)
Was there dirt, saw dust in the crankcase bearings?

I wonder if dirt is the cause of the crank bearing locking up and spinning in the case? I had one saw that was really dirty inside the crankcase but the bearing didn’t spin.

Thoughts?

I acquired a a nice little 142e.(not running)

Looks to be in great shape and has good spark. I haven’t popped the exhaust off yet to check the piston & cylinder. Do theses saws have a start assist or decompression valve when starting? Feels very easy to pull the cord.

Everything looks great on the saw from what I see. Looks to be original fuel lines/filter. Probably needs a carburetor overhaul.

I plan to pull the carb and put a repair kit in it. Zama w-29 I think? RB-38 sound right for a rebuild kit?

I’ve never owned or worked on a saw newer than 1980 and have never worked on a Husqvarna.

Is there anything special or unique about these models to look out for that may be preventing it from starting?

Any advice would be appreciated

I acquired a a nice little 142e.(not running)

Looks to be in great shape and has good spark. I haven’t popped the exhaust off yet to check the piston & cylinder. Do theses saws have a start assist or decompression valve when starting? Feels very easy to pull the cord.

Everything looks great on the saw from what I see. Looks to be original fuel lines/filter. Probably needs a carburetor overhaul.

I plan to pull the carb and put a repair kit in it. Zama w-29 I think? RB-38 sound right for a rebuild kit?

I’ve never owned or worked on a saw newer than 1980 and have never worked on a Husqvarna.

Is there anything special or unique about these models to look out for that may be preventing it from starting?

Any advice would be appreciated
Low compression?

Back