Hutzl ms660 case problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean Mundy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi all, great site and its a pleasure to be a member. Im having a problem with the case of my clone ms660 from hutzl, the inset in the case for the chain tensioner spur gear measures 15.7mm in diameter and the actual spur gear itself measures 16mm so it in no way what so ever will fit, has anyone had this problem? And does anyone know what the diameter of an OEM chain tensioner spur gear is.

Thanks ☺

Everyone that I read about that built one of these, used an OEM tensioner. I know that doesn't answer your question but it seems there is an issue with the China tensioner.

Everyone that I read about that built one of these, used an OEM tensioner. I know that doesn't answer your question but it seems there is an issue with the China tensioner.
Hi there,Yes i had heard about all the teething problems with the saw but not this particular problem. The spur gear wont actually fit in the inset, so either the case is wrong (which i doubt) or they sent me the wrong spur gear, say maybe one from an 070? Im not quite sure. Im yet to hear back from Hutzl so fingers crossed they aren't lacking in there service department.

I have the same problem. See post # 1007 here for a picture I posted of mine last night.

https://www.arboristsite.com/commun...updated-build-kit-build-thread.313223/page-51

I also had the same problem on my huztl ms440 kit. I ordered a different AM tensioner from ebay and it fit fine. I'm now waiting on a new AM tensioner for the ms660 also.
Thanks David, i was hoping i wasnt the only one, i still havent heard back from Hutzl so i may have just go ahead and order another through ebay. One thing i did notice was that my spur gear was a dark colour, and all other ones ive seen on forums and youtube and the like are a silver colour? What colour gear was your one that eventually worked?

Both of mine that we're supplied by the huztl kit, and didn't fit, were black. The one that worked for the ms440 was silver. I ordered a silver one for the ms660 but won't be able to try it for a few days

Latest posts

Back