Huztl / Farmer Tec Seria Numbers?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bfrazier

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Howdy Everyone!

Do these "clone saws" have serial numbers on their frames? I've never seen one in person, and I'm just wondering if they not only "clone" Stihl's and Husky's but also mark them with serial numbers in the same places and in the same fashion?

Also, does anyone know if these parts are manufactured under some sort of licensing from Stihl/Husky or just your more typical Chinees intelectual theft.

Thank YOU!
(And I looked hard for this question before posting... sorry if it's a repeat.)

Bob

knock off all the way no #s
I have the 440 pit together and in a loggers hands we will see if they are any good or not, also HAVE A 660 THAT IS still in the box we will see with that too I am guessing they want last

I think they only make older saws that the patent has expired but only speculation on my part I do know that they were making Callaway golf clubs and got busted on them back when I ran a pro shop about 15 years ago. You cant do much with China they do as they please for the most part

The ms660 kit has a machined surface on one of the case halves to stamp a serial number on it. If you order a new case half from Stihl it comes the exact same way. Whoever repairs the saw is supposed to stamp your serial number on the new case.
Husqvarnas have the numbers on a tag riveted to the saw. The huztl clone has no such tag.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Thanks - no serial numbers. Huh. Interesting. Know anything about their licensing agreement(s)?
I'm not certain, but like much of the Chinese manufacturing, they don't give two f's about intellectual property or giving any credit where its due. The shady Chinese are like that with everything.....i laughed my a$$ off at the Las Vegas Construction Expo(largest expo inthe world) when I saw chinese suits with measuring sticks, protractors trying to take info from the komatsu and caterpillar equipment to go back to china land and copy it only with shoddy welding and crap metalurgy. China can get f'ed and I'd love to see Huztl get sued for cloning current model stihl and huskies.

I'm not certain, but like much of the Chinese manufacturing, they don't give two f's about intellectual property or giving any credit where its due. The shady Chinese are like that with everything.....i laughed my a$$ off at the Las Vegas Construction Expo(largest expo inthe world) when I saw chinese suits with measuring sticks, protractors trying to take info from the komatsu and caterpillar equipment to go back to china land and copy it only with shoddy welding and crap metalurgy. China can get f'ed and I'd love to see Huztl get sued for cloning current model stihl and huskies.

They will never get sued because they don't copy current models only ones with expired pattents.

They will never get sued because they don't copy current models only ones with expired pattents.

And even if they copied a 572 it's not illegal for them to do it in China and there's no recourse besides making them illegal to import into other countries. And even banning imports on stuff like that doesn't do much (see counterfeit iPhone chargers and handbags). Heck I wouldn't be surprised if there was actually counterfeit stihl dealers in China just like the counterfeit apple stores.

Kits don't have serial numbers but some complete saw sellers are adding serial numbers that look something like this. Laser engraved vice stamped.
View attachment 665665
Thanks Gary. That creates another question... If it's a complete saw and it has a serial number, are they trying to pass these of as original products (and if so, what does the real Stihl registry give you when you look up that serial number - someone else's saw (making the kit automatically appear stolen) or just an unrecognized serial number? Bob

Latest posts

Back