Huztl FarmerTec 070 Build Thread with upgrade info and completed saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was pouring over manuals i have to see what was needed and the 070/090 manual that is out on the internet is missing quite a bit, it looks like someone whittled it down for the 90G with the transmission mainly. There is enough that is different that just using an ipl might cause mistakes. will you guys look and see if you got a complete manual?

i also found a TI 20.96 that says the 070 shoe replacement can be had with linings the parts number is/was 1106 007 1007, i though that was interesting.

Thats not a bad price for its displacement. I myself just used my grandberg for the first time yesterday, slabbed up an oak with a homelite xl923. This saw would probly be the ticket. Problem i have is it being a blatant knock off of a good german tool. I has a U.S made old muscle saw on my U.S made mill. A chinese power head mite turn my stomach too much. I guess id really like someone here who is getting one to report back on the quality of said machine. I like U.S bc i live here , but for me its quality of equipment and pride and craftsmanship that went into it, no matter who made it.

Ask and you shall receive..
Thanks, but guess what, that's the manual i was talking about. Nowhere near complete a total of 27 pages and if you look it mainly covers the 90G. We need to keep looking. This one is not going to have a transmission. I think.

If I were you I would stick with the German tool. You can watch and make fun of us as we build and then mill with it. :) you can always build yours by reading the thread after we are done :) I got a feeling we are going struggle, this baby is huge and if you put the big top on it monster comes to mind. If you need some confidence look at Johnnybars 660 cutting slabs, I got one but it's only 19secs long. The 660 is a blatant copy too. They actually cut like real ones. Plenty of videos proving that. Don't be skard

Not intending to bash anyone here, i would be interested to see how theyd hold up. I dont know if anyones interested nut @Robin Wood is able to get the real McCoy ms 720/070 new still and ship to you.
Wow the real McCoy shipped to me. That's out of my reach dollar wise. But it would be great to see a photo of it being held by a member here, you would really enjoy that for sure. These kits just put more in my reach. No more no less on the reason. I still buy Jif and helmsman's but gotta cheat on the toys, never had a muscle car either.

Trust me i get it, im a mechanic in a town of about 5000 ppl. So i get stretching your buck for sure. I will say the one good thing about that saw is its a clone of a good saw. So if parts and tolerances are in spec itll run. Its not like just a saw made in Bing bong to who knows what specs.

Wow the real McCoy shipped to me. That's out of my reach dollar wise. But it would be great to see a photo of it being held by a member here, you would really enjoy that for sure. These kits just put more in my reach. No more no less on the reason. I still buy Jif and helmsman's but gotta cheat on the toys, never had a muscle car either.

I thought real hard about buyin one and even got a quote, but i couldnt justify it for starting out. More of a want not a need, but i will be watching this thread, as im anxious to see what comes of them.

Is there any long term tests from any of the other clone saws 660s or 361s

The 660 came out first and had a lot of use. Last August I think first was built

I don't think it's the fact that huztl is making cheap saws that irritates some of us I think that it's the fact that there selling these cheap reproductions on a reputation of a quality saw that bothers us. The other issue that comes up is sellers start to try and sell brand name saws with Chinese parts on them or just outright fake them completely. It's a free country buy what you want but be prepared to get opinions about such products that you may not like.

I don't make them. If it makes you feel better have at it. But start your own thread. This is for people that want to participate. You can say do feel anyway you want. We want to build a saw in here. I hope you understand.

Sheesh, the hostility! Life is a definitely a circle.

It's all good, let's have fun.

I JUST bought the 660 for the fun of doing a puzzle. But, I could easily see a knockoff 070/090 in a few months, once you guys have worked the bugs out :D. I do think that this saw has the potential to be more problematic... more magnesium (think cracks in, for instance, the tank), more stress on the bearings and crank (137cc, milling duties, etc), just to name a few items. But what the hell... might be fantastic, and couldn't NOT be fun.

Subscribing.

Sheesh, the hostility! Life is a definitely a circle.

It's all good, let's have fun.

I JUST bought the 660 for the fun of doing a puzzle. But, I could easily see a knockoff 070/090 in a few months, once you guys have worked the bugs out :D. I do think that this saw has the potential to be more problematic... more magnesium (think cracks in, for instance, the tank), more stress on the bearings and crank (137cc, milling duties, etc), just to name a few items. But what the hell... might be fantastic, and couldn't NOT be fun.

Subscribing.
No hostility going on here just the facts are the facts. I have no problem of somebody having fun but for some of us these fake saws are just all wrong. I always here people buy these because they can't afford the real thing. In my opinion you will loose money buying a knockoff vs OEM.

Back