Huztl FarmerTec 070 Build Thread with upgrade info and completed saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just curious bc i have a 056 super im getting a 56" bar and ripping chain for just curious if the 070 would fit that bar and have same number of drive links

And they still come with a german price tag.... so really your getting a kia at Volkswagen price

I def agree with the above that there is moral high ground in the anti-clone sentiments. I am 100% against selling copies...especially those sellers that fully intend to deceive.

I do think there's more than a minor difference with a kit saw. I don't think it's all money... I've obviously never bought one, but I would never see a kit as saving me X amount of dollars over the real McCoy. I'd only build what wouldn't otherwise plan on buying.

I'm actually rather disappointed that Huztl made a full-on ready to go copy. They should stick with kits full of cheap parts as far as I am concerned. It makes buying a kit a little harder for me.

And they still come with a german price tag.... so really your getting a kia at Volkswagen price

Are there Stihls that are 100% overseas?

I went and checked all my equipment...expecting that the cheaper stuff may be China.

661 - Germany
461 - Germany
170 - US with global parts
BR600 - US with global parts
FC56 - US with global parts
BG56 -US with global parts

I'm very happy with the 661, 461 and BR600, though I kind of hoped the BR600 was German. The 170 I bought for carving and it seems fine too...especially with what they cost.

The FC56 and BG56 are cheap. No better than any brand from the big box store...I knew that buying them, however. The FC56 works fine for what I use it for...one driveway. I just feel it's a bit too pricey for what it is. I would have preferred to spend more and let the guy talk me into it - "it's all you'll ever need". The BG56 wasn't expensive, I don't think, and is handy to have around for cleanup when milling.

I def agree with the above that there is moral high ground in the anti-clone sentiments. I am 100% against selling copies...especially those sellers that fully intend to deceive.

I do think there's more than a minor difference with a kit saw. I don't think it's all money... I've obviously never bought one, but I would never see a kit as saving me X amount of dollars over the real McCoy. I'd only build what wouldn't otherwise plan on buying.

I'm actually rather disappointed that Huztl made a full-on ready to go copy. They should stick with kits full of cheap parts as far as I am concerned. It makes buying a kit a little harder for me.

I have to agree with that, if they're going to stamp them like that (which is really pushing it), I'd rather see them just sell kits. It may still be an attempted facsimile, but it would arguably be a "kit" not a saw. I'd be proud to own a saw that I built from a kit... I would not be so proud to own a blatant copy. Maybe it's a subtle difference for some... not me.

I was shocked when I saw that little complete saw. I looked it up and it is not from Around here so I settled down and went on with life then bam the big orange complete saw and I kinda got a knot in stomach.

I saw these kits for sale in Europe last year and contacted them and literally begged to buy them. I thought it was so cool. Kit saws. Finally they did and we emailed about it later.

They said the complete saws were trouble. I certainly agreed.

Then big orange. I can't help but wonder if the news of the death of the EPA did not play into it. I feel certain they will get your message. For me the little saw from far away did not bother me but I was not interested because I am a kit guy. Selling complete saws will make it harder for Americans to accept the Chinese saw. We are so conflicted about losing our jobs as we should be. But the kits were their idea and an excellent one.

The what kit would you like thread shows people get it. Olders saws. Once in a while some one will show a green one built. I really think building them and talking about them Is just Ok and cool

I cant be for 100% sure but i think someone had posted a pic of the bar code sticker tag says made in china. But i bought a ms271 brand new and it says made in USA, i know bc i saw that post and immediately went out and looked at mine to see if it were chinese

Heres another angle, how bout the legit oem stihls being made in china themselves! now when you add that factor i think i might rather have a knock off than a chinese oem stihl.
It's not the being made it china that bothers me it's the fact that someone is making money off of the stihl brand name and reputation. How many of these saws would really sell if they were not copies of a popular saw?

Im not gonna bash anyone for buying a complete or parts kit saw, i understand if a guy is trying to make a extra income and cant drop big coin, you gotta do what you have to. use it as a stepping stone like towards something nicer, thats kinda the whole point.

Im just starting with milling, i saved up and worked like a dog to buy a granberg mill and a brand new echo cs800p to power it. If all goes well selling some slabs local id like to get into a bigger powerhead bc i know the echo's limitations. But theres no way i could drop 2 grand on a 880 or 3120.

Gotta do what you can. If all you can is one of them then by all means. Im gonna trudge on with the echo for awhile

I disagree with the points you are making. These saws don't say Stihl and the reputation comes from the color. I would be fine with blue. I think you would be accurate in saying copying their designs more than name and reputation. There are a ton of saws that do meet your definition excatly they even put fake serial numbers on them. But that's not true here. We are not buying or building stuff from those folks

I disagree with the points you are making. These saws don't say Stihl and the reputation comes from the color. I would be fine with blue. I think you would be accurate in saying copying their designs more than name and reputation. There are a ton of saws that do meet your definition excatly they even put fake serial numbers on them. But that's not true here. We are not buying or building stuff from those folks
So why do you call it a 090 and 070 then? Maybe they don't say Stihl on them but there still making money off of someone else's design, name, color whatever you want to call it.

if you guys looking to use an imitation saw for milling, its a big mistake i can tell
you that right now. theres grade "A" copy in my country and people hardly use them. the only people that will even consider is firewood guys

like someone said you'll be replacing parts so often the cost will outrun money wise invested in oem, not to mention downtimes. preco makes the closest to oem quality apparently. the rest are hit and miss

i really can go into detail with bad copies but the main issues are fittings "tolerances". look at the copies clutch cover meeting oil tank area pic shared somewhere in the beginning. parts that crap out under heat and it rattles out in first couple minutes

trust me you dont want to get the wrong copy, its waste of time and money

Wasnt there an issue some time back about 070 copy that was so close you couldn't tell, i mean it was labeled stihl and sold as stihl but was a fake, not a clone

Wasnt there an issue some time back about 070 copy that was so close you couldn't tell, i mean it was labeled stihl and sold as stihl but was a fake, not a clone

For sure, I've seen at least one full-blown copy around for a number of years, not that I know anything about it.

Regarding the efficacy of milling with such a beast, I'm getting the feeling that folks are keen on it, many with the caveat that some parts (presumably the moving ones!) will need to be replaced with higher quality components. I can see this approach making a bit of sense. I CERTAINLY can't justify $1,000 - $2000 for the occasional milling stint. But all this does mean that there will still be a need for the high-quality stuff.

Does 070 have same bar pad as a 044 056 066?

I was looking at bars last night and I think so. Stihl made a special bar for the 090 but not sure what's different is never got that far in my research. I will post it in a minute

No. The 3002 bar mount is entirely different than the 3003 used on smaller saws.

Back