Huztl FarmerTec 070 Build Thread with upgrade info and completed saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy cow a china 070 turning 13k. Thats very fast for a oem saw and extremely fast for a china crank saw. Id back it off closer to 11 if it was me. They were never intended to go that fast.do you have and porting numbers to share or any cha ges you made to have it spin that fast.
Edit i just looked up a 090 oem spec was 6500 - 8000 max

I think the 13 was a high end by chance. Usually it runs alittle over 12,400.

I've bearly opened up the exhaust and bent the muffler cap (or what ever it's called) and i opened up the carb (I had no idea what I was doing.) It's my first time building a two stroke. When I was milling dry walnut it was going about 10k-11k. I ordered an 090 kit and a new clutch because i think mine slips alittle.

I still feel like thats too fast for even a oem 070 or 090. If i remember correctly they are like 6500 or 8500 stock max rpm. If you are doing 12-13k thats nearly double what im recalling. To each his own and very good a $18 china crank holding up to that kinda rpm is impressive. What kindof revs were you getting before governor delete?

The gov is what had it running at 8k. I had read where others were running real 090 at 12k so i don't think its that impressive.

I think it is impressive for a clone to run that fast for any length of time. Got any videos of it running or better yet milling or workibg? 090s and 070s always seem slow to me. Kinda a tractor saw all torque at low revs.

Well, I said I'd get a video and here it is. However I am gonna say the pro mac isn't running right. A few days ago when we raced it gave me a run for my money until we hit the heart wood then the huztl came through. Also i have to start the saw for my father he tore a rotator cuff.

So i went back over my chain because it didnt feel right. It was dull in those videos. Im never buying another husky chain again. It seems like it doesn't keep an edge.

Here's a quick clip of it sharpened.
I'm waiting on my chain breaker to come in so i can make some with the rolls i have.

Hey I'm working on one of these kit saws now. On the crankcase page of 070 ipl there is a part listed (#10) as bearing bushing. I can't find a spot for this on the crankcase. Can someone with more experience tell me where this fits? Thanks guys

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-11-23-12-14-20.png
    Screenshot_2018-11-23-12-14-20.png
    161.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_2018-11-23-12-14-34.png
    Screenshot_2018-11-23-12-14-34.png
    165.8 KB · Views: 20
Hey I'm working on one of these kit saws now. On the crankcase page of 070 ipl there is a part listed (#10) as bearing bushing. I can't find a spot for this on the crankcase. Can someone with more experience tell me where this fits? Thanks guys

Item #10 is a vent that you have to install and the two item #20’s are the bushings that go between the crank and bearings. Helps hold the bearings in place. They are two flat brown pieces that are better described as spacers. Mine were loose in the box.

The spacer/bushings make perfect sense, I still don't see where that #10 part fits into place?

Look on YouTube.
"FarmerTec huztl 070 governor installation" and I would appreciate a subscribe while your there.

chainsaw kits and packing lists
http://thechainsawkitguy.com
http://YouTube.com/c/the1chainsawguy

That makes more sense now, thank you. I thought it fit somewhere different in the crankcase, they included two of these in the kit, one with the governor assembly and one with the crankcase bolts. I think that's what was throwing me off. Is it common to find spare parts in these kits?

Thanks again, also appreciate YouTube videos, subscribed awhile back, helpful to get a visual.

Thank you. That was one area a video is necessary. Somehow it got gone and I did what I did and it still worked out.

No documentation existed and people from all over the world came together and gave me little pieces of info that I could turn into a plan

Quite a saw

chainsaw kits and packing lists
http://thechainsawkitguy.com
http://YouTube.com/c/the1chainsawguy

Back