• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold HUZTL/farmertec clone saws.... anybody interested???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This might be your competition.
7b494fe4c657f10bac8888adae3a8397.jpg

Stihl no longer manufactured the saws that are represented in the aftermarket kits.. ie the ms660, they have replaced it with the 661 among others. As far as stealing it...no they didn't. Stihl sold the manufacturing rights to many different plants in order to have aftermarket parts available for the Stihl saws that exist in the public. This Chinese factory is one of them. As far as trademark and intellectual property goes... And I have actually had this conversation with a Stihl rep... Stihl still has the trademark for the likeness of the saws. Meaning it's color and shape. This means that you cannot advertise them as Stihl, or sell them as "new saws" and Stihl certified techs have been instructed by Stihl that they are not supposed to work on them in a commercial setting. It is fully legal for the factory to reproduce the individual parts, they bought the rights to manufacture them. It is fully legal to assemble those parts onto any saw... Including an OEM one. It is just not legal to advertise them as new or as Stihl. You are also not allowed to advertise them with pictures of the finished shape, or with the orange covers in place on a public forum. I hope this clears up the confusion. If there are other questions I can put you in touch with the Stihl rep that told me this information..

You’re telling me that Stihl sold the rights to the Chinese to be able to manufacture aftermarket parts that directly compete with Stihls own parts line? I don’t know where you got your information, but I can assure you, it’s wrong. In fact, Stihl has had numerous lawsuits against companies just like this one for patent violations. Carry on as you wish, but you should state factual information. Personally, I wouldn’t trade one real 660 for 20 of the fake ones. I’ve seen the quality of the cases in those gems, more so the lack of.

You’re telling me that Stihl sold the rights to the Chinese to be able to manufacture aftermarket parts that directly compete with Stihls own parts line? I don’t know where you got your information, but I can assure you, it’s wrong. In fact, Stihl has had numerous lawsuits against companies just like this one for patent violations. Carry on as you wish, but you should state factual information. Personally, I wouldn’t trade one real 660 for 20 of the fake ones. I’ve seen the quality of the cases in those gems, more so the lack of.
I find it hard to believe also Stihl wont even let the Dealer give me the damn box that the saws come in! I mean I paid for it.

Oh I have built and sold over a hundred of them so I have plenty of experience with the ups and downs of building and selling them. I appreciate the input.... So how about this, and I pose this question to everyone watching this thread... The 660 kit is 260 bucks, anyone can buy it from the factory for that cost. A big bore engine is another 25. Shipping from Iowa to say new york, or to the other extreme, California costs about 35.. ish. So hard cost for a guy to order it and deliver it is roughly 315, give or take.... What, then would be an acceptable price that you would be willing to pay for a 660 with a big bore engine??? Post prices if you see this as an interest. Keep in mind, I also warranty everything no questions asked. I'm curious what that is worth to a consumer, to not have to build it themselves, and have peace of mind by having the seller in America, and willing to warranty the labor, and materials for the life of the saw???

Well honestly I have built and sold 5 660 clones and charged $600 to $700 depending what bar and chain I put on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I build and sell a ton of these kits to people across the nation. I have built over a hundred of the various kits over about 3 years. Most of the saws I have built are visible on YouTube. When I build them I make a video of it so the owner can see it running before I send it to them. I title the video by whatever saw it is and assign a number to it according to which one it is that I'm building, then tell the owner which video is theirs. For example my latest 660 was titled AM660-40, the one before that was AM660-39... etc. Now I have also built others and used the same theme... AM372-20, AM 380-4, AM361-3....etc, etc. Once you look up one, you can find them all.

That all being said, I have noticed a lot of people are interested in them, mostly for their low price, but many of those people who are interested are hesitant... For many understandable reasons. Some are hesitant, because it's coming from China so it's scary to spend money online across an ocean. Some are hesitant because the product is made in China and carries the stigma of low quality.

I build them for the fun of it, as a hobby mostly. Sure I make a little profit, but I don't over price them with profit as my motivation if that makes sense.... So on to the point of this post....

If there is anyone here who is interested in ordering one, but has some hesitation, I am here and would be happy to order and build it for you. The perk to ordering through me is the fact that I am here and available... Customer service from China sucks, and you won't get a resolution to a problem if one comes up. Customer service from me is simple... If it breaks, I fix it. I have stood behind every saw I have built, and am still in contact with many of my customers... I have only had a handful of minor issues, but have fixed every one of them.
So to anyone interested, contact me either through this post, or pm and we can negotiate a fair price... I have had zero issues with the 372xp kit, very few with the 660 kit, those two are the ones I have built the most of. I would entertain building any of the other kits, but absolutely will not do a 440, or a 070. I have had problems with every 440 kit, and the 070 is just simply too big and I choose to not do any more of them.
Prices can vary for me because the more I order the cheaper they get.. I get discounts on shipping for multiple saws so I can manipulate profit that way and get better deals for you.
This thread is not meant to "push" the clone saws on this site, and is also not intended to start a conversation about what is "better". I am just simply opening a line for people who are already interested, but are hesitant about ordering for whatever reasons. I have dealt with them for almost 3 years and have no hesitation whatsoever about sending them money, they have never let me down.

If you want one, get ahold of me and I will build it for you, tune it up, then send it to you. I will also be there for you should any problem arise...
how much for a 660 . plus shipping to 74110

Or a new 572.;)
I have built several 660's. The only way I would pay 700 for a 660 is if the only thing chinese on it was the plastic.
I have a blue 660 that i have let my friend with a tree service use and so far it has stood the test of his crew for around 4 months now.

Are people truly this narrow minded.

Imagine an '86 Ford bronco. Obviously Ford no longer manufactures it. They sold the "right to manufacture" not the "trademark" this means that their factories don't have to invest resources to maintain an outdated line, however there are still those vehicles driving on the road, and they still need to be fixed.

It is the same situation with these kits. The man I spoke with is David camp I believe his email is his [email protected]

The kit is 260, shipping to 74110 is about 25 ish, the big bore is another 25... That is roughly 310 cost.. I'll do it for 425 via PayPal friends/fam...
Sounds reasonable to me.

You may want to mark this as “sold” and start a new thread with pics and description of your warranty.

Imagine an '86 Ford bronco. Obviously Ford no longer manufactures it. They sold the "right to manufacture" not the "trademark" this means that their factories don't have to invest resources to maintain an outdated line, however there are still those vehicles driving on the road, and they still need to be fixed.

It is the same situation with these kits. The man I spoke with is David camp I believe his email is his [email protected]
China does not care about trademarks or stealing intellectual property. Doing that in the US is a different story. Believe that was his point and doubts they purchased any.

Reactions: svk
China does not care about trademarks or stealing intellectual property. Doing that in the US is a different story. Believe that was his point and doubts they purchased any.
Back this up with fact

Sounds reasonable to me.

You may want to mark this as “sold” and start a new thread with pics and description of your warranty.

I'm confident that this is not going to happen. There has been no commitment from either side, and no money has changed hands.
I really had more respect for this website, and the people on it. My opinion has changed to represent the fact that it is filled with bratty children who want things to be the way they want them simply because that's the way they perceive things to be. Any change to that viewpoint and a person is though of as inferior. I would rather ask a room full of kindergarten kids for their opinion from here out. This started as a way for people to have a line of communication for something they are interested in, and has turned into a pissing match between a few arrogant, childish people. This is not how adults should communicate with each other, and I am positive that after this, my first real thread I will be leaving.

I'm confident that this is not going to happen. There has been no commitment from either side, and no money has changed hands.
I really had more respect for this website, and the people on it. My opinion has changed to represent the fact that it is filled with bratty children who want things to be the way they want them simply because that's the way they perceive things to be. Any change to that viewpoint and a person is though of as inferior. I would rather ask a room full of kindergarten kids for their opinion from here out. This started as a way for people to have a line of communication for something they are interested in, and has turned into a pissing match between a few arrogant, childish people. This is not how adults should communicate with each other, and I am positive that after this, my first real thread I will be leaving.
Your call....I was just trying to help you here. As I mentioned folks don’t respond well to make offer types of sales.

BTW if you head to the other saw forums, you’ll find them less friendly for sellers than this place.

Narrow minded? Funny, I can see the broad picture that includes how peddling this junk affects you and everyone else in the US. It’s basic economics, it’s not the same as an 86 Bronco cause Ford isn’t still manufacturing and selling parts for an 86 Bronco. Stihl is still manufacturing and selling parts for MS660s. Frankly, people that buy inferior products that are built with stolen technology based on price alone are the narrow minded. Stihl has not sold manufacturing rights to any companies in China, but if that’s what you need to tell yourself to justify supporting the Chicom efforts, you go for it.

You’re taking your ball and going home because of the bratty people on here? Sounds kind of, well, perfect to me. How will we ever get by without all the knowledge you have given us such as Stihl selling manufacturing rights etc? I mean when people make up lies to support their agenda, then try to sell it to like minded saw enthusiasts, you’re gonna get called out on it. You’d have been better off just trying to sell it for what it is. I’m pretty sure most on here know exactly what you’re selling.

You’re taking your ball and going home because of the bratty people on here? Sounds kind of, well, perfect to me. How will we ever get by without all the knowledge you have given us such as Stihl selling manufacturing rights etc? I mean when people make up lies to support their agenda, then try to sell it to like minded saw enthusiasts, you’re gonna get called out on it. You’d have been better off just trying to sell it for what it is. I’m pretty sure most on here know exactly what you’re selling.
And.... Unwatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back