• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold HUZTL/farmertec clone saws.... anybody interested???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The economics as I see it - not everyone that wants a big saw really needs a big saw. Some people that need a big saw, can’t justify the high cost of a name brand big saw.

You can buy 3 or 4 Chinese saws for the price of one name brand saw. So you buy one, and it meets your needs. You are happy. Or you buy one, and it blows up. You buy a second one, and it meets you needs. You are happy. Or the second one blows up. You didn’t really need it in the first place, so you learned something, and you are happy.

Or, you like to tinker. You buy a parts kit, put it together, it runs, cuts wood and meets your needs. You are happy. Or you put it together, and it doesn’t work quite right. You tinker some more (you like tinkering, remember), you get it working, you are happy.

Now comes along a guy that really needs a big saw. He sees the cheap tinkers saw, and takes a **** on it. Who cares? Everyone is happy. The shitter has a clean bowel, and the other guy is happy as stated before.

Moral of the story - don’t be a snowflake.

I've yet to see an opportunity that the OP hasn't taken up in multiple threads to sell his services building Chinese saws. I don't have an issue with that as such, but generally I think you need to be a sponser to advertise your services (correct me if I'm wrong). And if your lying about Stihl selling the rights to China on saws like the 660 to support a financial agenda, well that's not very nice, is it.

Are you able to build a 372 clone? If so how much? Are you able to substitute actual Husky seals and bearings? Not sure I trust the Chinese bearings.

I've yet to see an opportunity that the OP hasn't taken up in multiple threads to sell his services building Chinese saws. I don't have an issue with that as such, but generally I think you need to be a sponser to advertise your services (correct me if I'm wrong). And if your lying about Stihl selling the rights to China on saws like the 660 to support a financial agenda, well that's not very nice, is it.
I don't have a financial "agenda" I am financially stable and don't "need" to sell these saws here, or anywhere else. My original post was intended to connect with people who were interested.. my original post said that in plain words... I said this is not intended to "push" these saws on this site or to start an argument about which is "better"

At this point I regret the fact that I even said anything at all.

I am one of those "tinkerers" previously mentioned above... I enjoy building them as a hobby, which I also said in the original post.
This thread was poorly chosen to be in the trading Post... I just didn't know where else to put it being my first real thread that I have started, and I have been murdered by people who are adamantly against them for doing so.
I didn't start this to connect with these guys, but these are the guys who like to "share" their opinions on them, which drives the people away who actually are interested in them.... Those are the people I want to connect with. I fully understand the standpoint of the guys who run saws on a daily basis as a living who want OEM.... That is your personal choice to make. However I also understand the standpoint of other people who don't want or need to spend the money on OEM saws, and see the clones as a viable option for them, but either don't know how or don't want to build it themselves.... These are the people I want to connect with.
As I said earlier I don't care if I sell any, but contrary to what you "OEM or nothing" guys think, there are people who do actually want them....

Are you able to build a 372 clone? If so how much? Are you able to substitute actual Husky seals and bearings? Not sure I trust the Chinese bearings.

There are different opinions on the bearings and seals, but yes they can be swapped, and yes I build them and would throw a 350 price at it without knowing exactly what you want to swap, or where it's being shipped to, but that can be negotiated

I can't believe he's gonna leave all the folks blowing up his inbox hanging.:laughing:

You are like a damn child, you just want to scream until you get heard. I hear you and I understand your opinion... Let other people have one of their own. I certainly don't need to justify my inbox to you to feel better about myself.

I have posted two new threads to further this discussion as I have been informed that the trading Post is not the right spot for it.

To each his own. I see no problems buying one or two to build and tinker with. It is America so if a guy decides to sell ones he has built that is ok. What I do like about this site is the dealers trying to push these clones will not be able to censor ALL the conversations they want to like on the Facebook pages. Aka the Farmertec one. I would not want to be a dealer in the states for these saws. I think there is a big risk from some type of a lawsuit from Stihl. Just my opinion

To each his own. I see no problems buying one or two to build and tinker with. It is America so if a guy decides to sell ones he has built that is ok. What I do like about this site is the dealers trying to push these clones will not be able to censor ALL the conversations they want to like on the Facebook pages. Aka the Farmertec one. I would not want to be a dealer in the states for these saws. I think there is a big risk from some type of a lawsuit from Stihl. Just my opinion
I have spoken with Michael camp with Stihl. He is the man in charge of the trademark violations and such... He told me that it is only forbidden for people to sell them as "new" and it is a trademark violation to show them in a commercial setting with their covers in place. Stihl has the trademark on the "likeness" and the "color scheme" so having them for sale in completed form and orange you cannot do. I asked him why Stihl hasn't done anything about them manufacturing exact replica of Stihl saws, and got nothing back in response. I contacted Farmertec and asked the same question... With no response to satisfy the question. In my opinion, neither party cares about the manufacture of Stihl aftermarket parts... The only reason they don't want people to sell them into the open market is because people buy them and try to have Stihl warranty them... Which Michael camp said is expressly forbidden, Stihl techs are told to not work on them at all.... This statement is going to pizz people off, but I don't care... It seems to me that they are working together. The back of the Farmertec business card boasts that they are the largest manufacturer of Stihl aftermarket parts in the world... How can they openly claim that without permission? I started selling them as refurbished and my pictures are without the covers on.

The back of the Farmertec business card boasts that they are the largest manufacturer of Stihl aftermarket parts in the world... How can they openly claim that without permission?

Because they're in China and Stihl has zero legal options for stopping them?

Same reason Chinese manufacturers steal the intellectual rights of almost anything. The Chinese government protects them in doing so.

Stihl has a plant in China.. they can most certainly do something about it... If they wanted to. I was simply stating my opinion, and my opinion is based on the conversation I had with the guy in charge of that department and my opinion is that they don't want to. I'm sorry if you don't like my opinion, and you are certainly entitled to your own, but mine will remain unchanged.

I'm sorry if you don't like my opinion, and you are certainly entitled to your own, but mine will remain unchanged.
I started selling them as refurbished and my pictures are without the covers on.
This ain't an opinion, this is a straight up lie. Just because some dude you talked to with a name told you what you wanted to hear doesn't make it any less of a lie. Some of the biggest morons where I work sit behind a desk...

Stihl has a plant in China.. they can most certainly do something about it... If they wanted to. I was simply stating my opinion, and my opinion is based on the conversation I had with the guy in charge of that department and my opinion is that they don't want to. I'm sorry if you don't like my opinion, and you are certainly entitled to your own, but mine will remain unchanged.
No, that is why they can do nothing about it. Complain to court and be asked to leave. Leave and who cares, one court that does as it wants. Their in control, that Stihl plant has to be a joint effort they have with their government.

This ain't an opinion, this is a straight up lie. Just because some dude you talked to with a name told you what you wanted to hear doesn't make it any less of a lie. Some of the biggest morons where I work sit behind a desk...
Dude, I wish you and I could just bury the hatchet... I don't understand why you are so upset about something that doesn't even impact you. Didn't I see you try to recruit somebody from a different forum to get involved with a group purchase that is being organized on this site?? You can't have it both ways, either you condone it or you condemn it, but don't sit there and make me out to be a p.o.s. while endorsing someone else for the same thing. I'm done arguing with you, contact him yourself. [email protected]

Dude, I wish you and I could just bury the hatchet... I don't understand why you are so upset about something that doesn't even impact you. Didn't I see you try to recruit somebody from a different forum to get involved with a group purchase that is being organized on this site?? You can't have it both ways, either you condone it or you condemn it, but don't sit there and make me out to be a p.o.s. while endorsing someone else for the same thing. I'm done arguing with you, contact him yourself. [email protected]
Apples and oranges bro

The whole patent and intellectual property theft perpetuated by China, to me, is pretty much a common sense thing. Why you or anyone else can't understand it is beyond me. WTF do you think part of the "trade war" is all about ferchrissakes??!?!??

You mis-representing the junk you're selling to people who don't know what they're actually buying and me helping someone get in on a group buy for something that (hopefully) the person knows full well the pile of crap they're buying. Apple vs. orange. Make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back