HUZTL/farmertec clones.... Is there anyone else interested in them??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have seen many different companies in China selling stihl and Husqvarna copies and spareparts. I guess the quality can vary.

It's a similar situation in the automotive industry. Here in Sweden people rarely buy oem spare parts for their cars. There are many companies selling all kinds of spare parts at different prices. Some are crap and some may better than oem. A lot of parts come from China.

I can't believe how cheap some parts are in China. Today I talked to Newtop and ordered a complete pull start assembly for my 660 for $6! How much is oem? I have a friend on Holiday in China and she will bring it on the plane back home.

my clone ms660 that built with only parts from the kits is great
so far 4 crods of woods plus 25 liters of gas burnt just milling woods
so far so great

I have sympathy for saw manufactories'. They have to deal with EPA standards. At least to some extent they could build what people want. I want old technology cheap saws do not care what the thing weighs simple construction that allow me to work on a saw in the field. A contractor associate brought his virtually new MS 661 which ran great for a few days then started acting up. I ended doing almost all of the cutting with my much older saws. It sat for a couple weeks just doing nothing. I believe it got too much water into the carburetor which attracts rust and small particles. What garbage. I just received notice of another clone that is waiting for me at the Post Office. With what I pay for a clone it does not matter so much if it get left in the field or stolen like a new OEM saw would. Thanks

Back