HUZTL/farmertec clones.... Is there anyone else interested in them??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been looking at the G372 (65CC, Blue) and the G388 (72CC, Blue) in both kit and ready made form and it's getting close to being Ideal for my purpose and price range.

I just need a Stumper/Trash saw I can throw a 20" Hardnose bar on and not worry about AND cheaply rebuild if it goes south due to my abusive ways..

A property cleanup saw if you so want to call it. Maybe even go longer bar for a bit more reach..
If you have the ability to build it, order the kit. I've rebuilt a couple of the blue ones already.

I'M to be old and not so concerned.

My tools, most are made in the USA, Snap-on, Craftsman, SK. Yes the good ones.

Jap stuff used to be junk, but now it is head and shoulders above Chi-Com CRAP.

GM Chrysler, and now Ford have sold out Americans. But General Electric and most other "American" companies have done this long ago....

American chainsaw companies left before the autos. There was nothing wrong with Homlite or Macs, but the CEOs did not invest in America, they reaped $$$ and sold out America.

Now we have Chi-Com Crap.

God help America if we have a war, as we can't make a button anymore.
Why would we need buttons in a war anyway?

If you have the ability to build it, order the kit. I've rebuilt a couple of the blue ones already.

Lots of info out there on the Blue G372. Even assembled it seems the issues at this point are very minor. Not gonna pollute your thread with links etc. Info is not hard to find.

Obviously if one assembles it themselves that gives options. Fuel lines for one seem to be of very low quality. But swapping out those on a assembled unit is not hard at all.

It’s would be nice say if you could buy a xl12 or supper ez or a homelite 150 brand new even if they aren’t going to last 50 years like the originals. They could call them homeasy or something
Just a suggestion-If you want one of these saws just look for the middle run of Super XL’s with the blue ignition module....many of these in homeowner’s hands died before the first chain was worn out. You can swap the ignition from an older or newer parts saw with one of the good ignitions.

Built a 372 clone today.

Attachments

• IMG_20190929_162850475.jpg
    IMG_20190929_162850475.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20190929_171518063.jpg
    IMG_20190929_171518063.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20190929_174257334.jpg
    IMG_20190929_174257334.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20190929_175327008.jpg
    IMG_20190929_175327008.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20190929_175519924.jpg
    IMG_20190929_175519924.jpg
    788.9 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20190929_182000516.jpg
    IMG_20190929_182000516.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20190929_185257960.jpg
    IMG_20190929_185257960.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20190929_185251165.jpg
    IMG_20190929_185251165.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 70
kitchen table, pipe wrench, saw parts, and a sandwich.... only in my dreams could I get away with that in my house.
Lol. My wife gave me that blanket for building saws. If they are brand new with no gas ever put into them she doesn't mind if I build them inside... As long as I use my blanket! Once I put gas in them they have to stay outside, or I take them to the shop.

I've heard the rings might be as good as the rest of the saw. Are you guys running the rings which come in the kits?

Roy

I typically build the kit as it comes, I have used meteor before but at the owners request

I've heard the rings might be as good as the rest of the saw. Are you guys running the rings which come in the kits?

Roy
Mine is running kit rings. Everything on mine is from the kit except the decomp. It runs good. Very happy with it.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Hey Folks,

I'm considering getting one of these saws, trying to decide which model, and it's even neccessary/good idea. I am just cutting firewood for my own house to keep the family warm. Right now I am working through two huge red oak blow downs on a neighbors land. I have an echo 590 (20" bar), husky 545, and little joncutter 25cc top handle. These trees have several limbs in the 3ft diameter range. I haven't really started getting into the bigger stuff yet, and maybe should just throw the 590 at it and see what it can do. Or just leave the big stuff and look for smaller wood.... but with the g444/g372xp, g660 so cheap right now, it is tempting to get something bigger. Not planning on doing any milling, but likely will have more wood this size or bigger in the future. I can adjust carbs and do basic maintenance but am not experienced taking saws apart/building kits or anything like that. So, what do ya'll think? Just roll with the 60cc, or try one of these Huztls? if so, which one? thanks

The g444 and g372 aren't much stronger than your echo 590 so if you get one get the g660.
If you have 3 foot wood to cut up the big one will be nice to have.
I have not had good experience with the 440, every one I have built has had issues. From the carb to the flywheel and coil. The 660 kit is much better, I recommend for the extra 25 bucks get the big bore as well. It will be all the saw you will ever need.

I have not had good experience with the 440, every one I have built has had issues. From the carb to the flywheel and coil. The 660 kit is much better, I recommend for the extra 25 bucks get the big bore as well. It will be all the saw you will ever need.
They do offer a 460 now, which I am fairly interested in, but have not built yet. They offer a big bore engine, which gives it the same displacement as a standard 660--- not sure how I feel about it--- but I am interested. My worry is that with the displacement of a 660, and the speed of a 440 it would not oil the bar enough, and be easy to over work the saw... But, as you described your situation could be a viable option... Any thoughts?

The g444 and g372 aren't much stronger than your echo 590 so if you get one get the g660.
If you have 3 foot wood to cut up the big one will be nice to have.

That was my thinking, 70ish cc not really a huge difference. I'm not really into collecting lots of similar saw to compare...just want to get the job done.

They do offer a 460 now, which I am fairly interested in, but have not built yet. They offer a big bore engine, which gives it the same displacement as a standard 660--- not sure how I feel about it--- but I am interested. My worry is that with the displacement of a 660, and the speed of a 440 it would not oil the bar enough, and be easy to over work the saw... But, as you described your situation could be a viable option... Any thoughts?

Where is this 460? Not seeing it on hutzl.net. less weight with same power would be cool, but I'm not cutting all day so the extra weight isn't that big of a deal to me, plus I have smaller saws for smaller stuff. To be clear, I am looking at getting a pre-assembled model, not a kit. How difficult is it to drop the big bore kit in?

is this the Big Bore kit you're talking about for the g660? https://www.huztl.net/Big-Bore-56mm...h-Pin-Ring-Circlip-p229848.html#goods_reviews does it make any since to get this and drop it into a pre-assembled g660?

Back