HUZTL/farmertec clones.... Is there anyone else interested in them??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was my thinking, 70ish cc not really a huge difference. I'm not really into collecting lots of similar saw to compare...just want to get the job done.

Where is this 460? Not seeing it on hutzl.net. less weight with same power would be cool, but I'm not cutting all day so the extra weight isn't that big of a deal to me, plus I have smaller saws for smaller stuff. To be clear, I am looking at getting a pre-assembled model, not a kit. How difficult is it to drop the big bore kit in?

is this the Big Bore kit you're talking about for the g660? https://www.huztl.net/Big-Bore-56mm...h-Pin-Ring-Circlip-p229848.html#goods_reviews does it make any since to get this and drop it into a pre-assembled g660?
If you email them, they will put one in for you. The 460 is a kit, but I'm sure a preassembled one will be along shortly.
In my opinion, they are simple to drop in... But I have done it many times. You just pull the muffler and carb, pop 4 bolts out, then snap it all back together.

I know, pretty ridiculous. Although I was going to get a bar and chain combo from them too since I don't have one of that size/mount, but man they really hit you with the shipping for the bars...

28 inch 3/8 .063 b&c = $18 + $39 shipping = $57
still cheap but not the screaming deal it seems at first.

So I ordered the 070 and a 66mm p&c. If anyone else here has done this how did the clutch hold up. I understand the only other difference between an 070 and an 090 was a larger clutch, but at $200 for one I thought I’d hold off and see how the original does first.

Still like the Blue g660's, worked through the kits and built a few to actually work ready saws. The big benefit to me is parts for obsolete saws like the ms660 and original edition 372's, lets you keep them in service with out breaking the bank. I've had spotty luck when trying to introduce those parts into a real logging environment, although was able to develop the 660 into a stable and productive saw. For most of us, especially those with multiple saws and only seasonal weekend warrior work, those "debugged" clones probably will do the task and last as well. The three I have had the best luck when pushing them to real work are the g660, g372, g5800. Pretty much all the others required a varying degree of development before getting solid work time out of them. Currently developing the g372xt as with the bigger carb and the better of the Aftermarket cases, it has a head start. BUT the squarish handles frankly "s*ck" so the Huztl handle with the red throttle cable is a good upgrade if you want all clone, I put a well used OEM 372 handle on mine and it was a different saw. Still have "wandering" low speed issues.....but will try an OEM ignition and see if that helps, if not an OEM carb. Also plan to sub in a Lil Red barn popup and gut the intake as well...:) Muffler mods too. We will see how it turns out! It run OK now if you can deal with the low speed issues.

I know, pretty ridiculous. Although I was going to get a bar and chain combo from them too since I don't have one of that size/mount, but man they really hit you with the shipping for the bars...

The bars sucks, chains are good.

I have their 25" bar, it is fine.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Solid, sturdy, proper spring steel. Straight like a snake, chips edges like biscuits.

I guess we all have different expectations and demands.

Since I don't use them they will be recirculated, whats that in in dollars when you count the freight cost and total?
You have to include the 2 full chisel chains a bar because I don't use the .063 anymore.

I stopped buying from huztl
Their shipping went to beyond reasonable.
So far everything i wanted was available on other sites.
https://www.ebay.com/i/192722038686...Lk8xA3X7ZWNA9IUQLePFg72aoFUXU64BoCrpwQAvD_BwE

I think the 395 is next. Purely speculation though, but I'll buy two of them the day it comes out!

Still like the Blue g660's, worked through the kits and built a few to actually work ready saws. The big benefit to me is parts for obsolete saws like the ms660 and original edition 372's, lets you keep them in service with out breaking the bank. I've had spotty luck when trying to introduce those parts into a real logging environment, although was able to develop the 660 into a stable and productive saw. For most of us, especially those with multiple saws and only seasonal weekend warrior work, those "debugged" clones probably will do the task and last as well. The three I have had the best luck when pushing them to real work are the g660, g372, g5800. Pretty much all the others required a varying degree of development before getting solid work time out of them. Currently developing the g372xt as with the bigger carb and the better of the Aftermarket cases, it has a head start. BUT the squarish handles frankly "s*ck" so the Huztl handle with the red throttle cable is a good upgrade if you want all clone, I put a well used OEM 372 handle on mine and it was a different saw. Still have "wandering" low speed issues.....but will try an OEM ignition and see if that helps, if not an OEM carb. Also plan to sub in a Lil Red barn popup and gut the intake as well...:) Muffler mods too. We will see how it turns out! It run OK now if you can deal with the low speed issues.

Reading through your post here and realized who you are... It's nice to talk to you I'm a fan of your channel, and I refer a lot of people to your videos when they ask for information on the "clones" as it were... That being said, I am sure you don't need my advice, but to address the "wandering" idle. I built one a while back and noticed a similar problem. I swapped out the carb and the problem existed still. So I dug into it deeper and found that it truly matters how the intake boot is oriented on the cylinder and how the carb is mounted on the boot. There is enough play at both points that if it is out of place it will cause the throttle cable to be tighter than it should be.. I adjusted it with care for the orientation at both points and the problem went away. I am certainly not telling you that this is your issue, but it is a possibility and something that can be easily checked.

Reading through your post here and realized who you are... It's nice to talk to you I'm a fan of your channel, and I refer a lot of people to your videos when they ask for information on the "clones" as it were... That being said, I am sure you don't need my advice, but to address the "wandering" idle. I built one a while back and noticed a similar problem. I swapped out the carb and the problem existed still. So I dug into it deeper and found that it truly matters how the intake boot is oriented on the cylinder and how the carb is mounted on the boot. There is enough play at both points that if it is out of place it will cause the throttle cable to be tighter than it should be.. I adjusted it with care for the orientation at both points and the problem went away. I am certainly not telling you that this is your issue, but it is a possibility and something that can be easily checked.
Also if the throttle cable guide pops out of the recess in the trigger it will cause idle issues. A drop of super glue on there avoids that.

Latest posts

Back