Huztl / Farmertec ms 440

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you ordered one yet?[emoji6]

about you, you need one too

lol

we dont need much of an excuse. i wish i could afford to have two thing going on at the same time, to do what i am doing there are no AM parts, like for the shafts etc$$$$.

i got a feeling this one we will need to collaborate on. (070) we will see

One thing I hope to show how the play occurs with the bearings. I have never held one so. Lot to learn

I ordered a 440 kit and the cases and cylinder were assembled in the box. Did anyone else's kit come this way? Think I should take it apart to check their work?

I ordered a 440 kit and the cases and cylinder were assembled in the box. Did anyone else's kit come this way? Think I should take it apart to check their work?
Are you sure? You mean the case was closed and the cylinder was installed on the case. No one else got that. I understand they took that opportunity away from you. I too would take it apart

Yep, case was pressed and screwed together, piston/rings in cylinder, cylinder bolted to case. I only looked at it real fast last night but the cylinder didn't look too great. I think I'll see if they will replace it once I get a chance to see what else might be missing in the kit.

Yep, case was pressed and screwed together, piston/rings in cylinder, cylinder bolted to case. I only looked at it real fast last night but the cylinder didn't look too great. I think I'll see if they will replace it once I get a chance to see what else might be missing in the kit.
Why in the world would they do that? I would flip out. You bought a box of parts. So you can't put oem bearings in or circlips. Let us know what you do. I would give them hell

Here's some pics. Didn't get a chance to tear it down last night. Still need to look at the rest of the parts before I contact them. What email address was everyone using to contact Huztl again?

Attachments

• 440_ClutchSide.jpg
    440_ClutchSide.jpg
    463.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 440_FlywheelSide.jpg
    440_FlywheelSide.jpg
    460.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 440_FrontView.jpg
    440_FrontView.jpg
    439.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 440_ExhaustPort.jpg
    440_ExhaustPort.jpg
    463.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 440_IntakePort.jpg
    440_IntakePort.jpg
    446.5 KB · Views: 39
Here's some pics. Didn't get a chance to tear it down last night. Still need to look at the rest of the parts before I contact them. What email address was everyone using to contact Huztl again?
Use the website message system and take screenshots of message and system clock. The exhaust port is rough and I encourage you to replace the bearing. I have seen those assemblies fail.

That exhaust port looks like it need some attention with a dremel. On another note, what have you guys been replacing with oem to make the saw more reliable, bearings, clips??

That exhaust port looks like it need some attention with a dremel. On another note, what have you guys been replacing with oem to make the saw more reliable, bearings, clips??
I will clean it up a bit if they don't replace it. I think I'll put in oem piston bearing, pin and circlips. I wonder if they'd make me send the cylinder back if they do replace it?

Back