Huztl / Farmertec ms 440

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It appears there has been talk about the brake band not having a pin, well both my 440 and 660 did not have a pin in the bands, but both had the pins in the kit to go in them , yawl did not loose them did you?

Mine came in the 660 kit separate as well.. easy enough to lose it but I finally figure out what it was for

It appears there has been talk about the brake band not having a pin, well both my 440 and 660 did not have a pin in the bands, but both had the pins in the kit to go in them , yawl did not loose them did you?
It is pleasing you are satisfied with that. I am not. My purchase was of a copy. Stihl does not sell them like that. So it was not a copy. If that band gets under a lot of stress and racks and the inserted pin works out, uh-oh. And then there is the people that say hell with it, or lose it or my God don't get it. I think it was a blunder.

chainsaw kits and packing lists
http://thechainsawkitguy.com
http://YouTube.com/c/the1chainsawguy

It is pleasing you are satisfied with that. I am not. My purchase was of a copy. Stihl does not sell them like that. So it was not a copy. If that band gets under a lot of stress and racks and the inserted pin works out, uh-oh. And then there is the people that say hell with it, or lose it or my God don't get it. I think it was a blunder.

chainsaw kits and packing lists
http://thechainsawkitguy.com
http://YouTube.com/c/the1chainsawguy

The way it is made the pin can not come out. Are you just nuts or do you work at it. It appears no mater what I post you have something negative to say about it.
Others here seam to put up with it, I sir will not Go take your meds Look at the case the pin can not come out after the band is installed.
I just hope people that are new to chainsaws don't take your post for the absolute truth
David

If the band rises as in a rack it could. The point is they come fixed from the factory for a reason. You need to calm down. I made a valid point. I been working with kits longer than you.
The way it is made the pin can not come out. Are you just nuts or do you work at it. It appears no mater what I post you have something negative to say about it.
Others here seam to put up with it, I sir will not Go take your meds Look at the case the pin can not come out after the band is installed.
I just hope people that are new to chainsaws don't take your post for the absolute truth
David

The kits are copies and the assembly is the same and best practice is to use the correct assembly procedures to wind up with a safe saw that runs longer than a few months. The parts need to be excat copies. I help people build them and if the parts are not correct I point it out. I do not want new builders to get in trouble. They need to understand the difference. And not be willing to accept anything less.

and I have been working on Stihl saws for over for 20 years , I am no expert , but that band will not come out unless you have another issue

Exact copies or copies of parts are available from your local Stihl dealer. No disrespect meant but these kits can’t have everything perfect or they’d be sold as OEM Stihl parts. I’m really surprised the Chinese sent me anything even resembling a Stihl saw after taking my money but that was the gamble I took.

Kinda like a Lamborghini kit car, if they were up to the same quality & exact copies, why would anyone pay for the real thing?

I bought my ex a set of ta-tas and even tho I paid for both the same, one was a tit bit off and not identical

Exact copies or copies of parts are available from your local Stihl dealer. No disrespect meant but these kits can’t have everything perfect or they’d be sold as OEM Stihl parts. I’m really surprised the Chinese sent me anything even resembling a Stihl saw after taking my money but that was the gamble I took.

Kinda like a Lamborghini kit car, if they were up to the same quality & exact copies, why would anyone pay for the real thing?

I bought my ex a set of ta-tas and even tho I paid for both the same, one was a tit bit off and not identical
I have never seen a matching set of tata's. One was usually bigger than the other or something. But I never saw a pair I found fault with.

On the parts, the case is a good copy, the tank handle is a good copy so why not the brake, it's important. So I see this all the time people welcoming their short comings. I am not going to try to convince you to expect better quailty. I am just going to point out the parts that matter

C’mon, wouldn’t be a challenge without a bit of customizing to be done. All in good fun
It is a piece of safety equipment. Is the only difference and would be similarly outspoken on something that would harm the saw or the user. The rest is enjoyment just like tata's.

I get messages from people all over the world, it's amazing how this one thing is of interest. I am humbled. Also it is irritating when someone writes me and tells me that their saw messed up. Or they had some problem. And I think how often I have talked about these issues. People will complain and I wonder why they did not listen.

www.mittysupply.com has the hard as the dickens to find Walbro HD-15 carb for sale on their website right now. She went to enormous amount of trouble to bring this in. I guess it necessitated a production run and that was the delay in getting them. She is also the source for the 660 carb and they sell carbs for huskies, poulan you name it you can even pick up a milking machine. get em before they are gone they will hit my channel next week and they will be a bunch gone. i did not ask her how many she stocked so you are hearing about it first

Back