Huztl / Farmertec ms 440

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm working on one with a crazy vibration. I've swapped flywheel, crank and cylinder and still have the vibration.
I am going to replace the cylinder and see what that does. I don't think it is usable with the amount of vibration it has at just above idle RPM.

I am going to replace the cylinder and see what that does. I don't think it is usable with the amount of vibration it has at just above idle RPM.

I replaced a farmertech 50mm with an nwp52mm and still have the vibration. I agree, it's unsuable as is. I've run it without a clutch as well and still have the vibs. I'm about to swap parts one at a time with an oem.

I replaced a farmertech 50mm with an nwp52mm and still have the vibration. I agree, it's unsuable as is. I've run it without a clutch as well and still have the vibs. I'm about to swap parts one at a time with an oem.
After thinking about it some more, it must be a balance issue on mine since the extreme vibration is only at a certain RPM range.

This could be from left field but could it be the wrist pin? Mine felt massive. They gotta be strong but could it throw it outta balance?. Have either of you noticed a difference between them

I am at least one that replaced the carb that came with the kit. I have had no carburation problems at all with the replacement. Holds a tune and snappy throttle response. I replaced mine because the kit carb had a choke return spring that was too weak to return the choke plate to "open" reliably.

No. I'm using the one from the kit.

Your vibration sounds like it's in the rotating assembly. And stiff bushings could add to it. The 660 vibrates more than oem. I guess it's the $12 crank. If I had a oem laying around I would try it and see.

On the vent. Mine failed the vacuum test and after reading your post I pulled off and separated the lips. I will test it later

After finally getting to install my meteor piston I now realize that the meteor piston is about 37 thousands taller causing my cylinder to not work! I was already to bolt it on and went to turn the flywheel and it stops at the top of the cylinder, because I decked the cylinder for the stock huztl piston it is now to low to work with the meteor piston. I can either shave the piston or get a new cylinder or stack base gaskets, what do you guys think?

Eb What else can you do but replace the cylinder? Not like it will cost much. That's normal stuff two steps forward one step back.

You could also make a gasket. I don't know if I would want to stack them

This could be from left field but could it be the wrist pin? Mine felt massive. They gotta be strong but could it throw it outta balance?. Have either of you noticed a difference between them
You are right about the pin massiveness. I am curious if others are experiencing this level of vibration with these kits.

Your vibration sounds like it's in the rotating assembly. And stiff bushings could add to it. The 660 vibrates more than oem. I guess it's the $12 crank. If I had a oem laying around I would try it and see.
I do notice vibration on my 660 kits but this is much more than that.

I would try the oem low compression gasket and see. It's 1mm I believe the part # is 1128 029 2302
98ebe686d8b971236eb0ad6bbf482edf.jpg

I Was simply saying there were different way knowledgeable people doing it and lots of people have built them with exactly what was supplied in the kit. Gee grizzly it's terrible you had a problem. Not everyone has. In fact I think this circlip drama here is a new concern. So Then everyone on the planet should buy some OEM circlips. Add that to the list of things you buy when you are at the Stihl store.

These are the same circlips in the 660 kits.
Stick around long enough and you'll also gain the experience and knowledge of which we speak. You seem very stuck in your preconceived ideas and very resistant to input from those with much more experience. Additionally, some of your advise it's simply erroneous, and could lead others to make similar mistakes.

I'm about to throw this one down the sippy hole. AV Mounts are the only thing left to swap out. The upper av mount is stiffer than a honeymoon prick.

Stick around long enough and you'll also gain the experience and knowledge of which we speak. You seem very stuck in your preconceived ideas and very resistant to input from those with much more experience. Additionally, some of your advise it's simply erroneous, and could lead others to make similar mistakes.
Nothing wrong with what I said. I see a different side than you.

How would you know what my preconceived ideas are? They are infact few and far between.

Latest posts

Back