Huztl FarmerTec MS380, MS381, 038 Build Kit Start to Finish

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bedford T

the1chainsawguy
Reaction score
Hot dignity dog they got the 038 ready to go. And its a little cheaper than the 440. I was completing an order for some MS660 parts to complete a saw for an engine I just built and this slapped me in my face, guess that will wait a while. Got one. $248.89

http://www.huztl.net/Complete-Repai...uretor-Fuel-Tank-Cylinder-Piston-p367961.html

It does not say what size the cylinder is. I will build and give this to my son. I don't need another one, yeah I do. I always wanted one of these. When they told me the 070 and 038 were next out of the chute I did not think they meant anytime soon. Wonder what will happen to the 200t kit's chances?

I found this for 7$ and bought it. i was afraid they would not send a rim.

Attachments

• 1487968532086-528606755.jpg
    1487968532086-528606755.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 87
I will watch and report on that. Are you saying on a oem 038 when you install a AM filter it interferes with the choke?

Is there some adjustment you have been able to make it work?

What I did on mine is to not overtighten the air filter nuts. It works fine if it is snug plus a small amount, tighten it really tight and it deforms the filter enough to make it stick. I'm not sure mine is even an aftermarket filter, I'll check but mine might be OEM.
My original problem is, when I got the saw it didn't have an air filter cover or a cylinder cover so I went to the aftermarket for those. The cylinder cover was fine but the air filter cover never did fit just right at the center nut, it didn't seem to reach far enough into the air filter to lock. I spent a lot of time removing washers and trying different things until it's finally usable. It's possible I could buy a filter cover from another vendor or from Stihl and maybe not have a problem.
The air filter cover was a Huztl but the cylinder cover was a different Chinese vendor. I'm hoping you guys that buy the AM 038 kits don't have a problem with this..

I checked after tbohn said his had cleared customs and mine is just leaving the chinese mainland this weekend so it will be end of week before mine arrives. I started to ask "why me" but thought better of it. Maybe they forget to put the gold flippies in the box and needed the extra time.

I checked after tbohn said his had cleared customs and mine is just leaving the chinese mainland this weekend so it will be end of week before mine arrives. I started to ask "why me" but thought better of it. Maybe they forget to put the gold flippies in the box and needed the extra time.
I hope for you that it doesn't have to go through Chicago...

When I order something from China the longest journey, timewise, is from Chicago to southern Indiana. The item tracks to Chicago then nothing for a couple of weeks or more then after you give up on it, it magically appears at my mailbox.

Back