Huztl FarmerTec MS380, MS381, 038 Build Kit Start to Finish

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My journey on the 038 is coming to a close. I ordered another coil after i got no spark and then stuff happened and I got the new one and it still had no fire. So i found a lightly used oem coil and bought it and it still no fire. then stuff happened and just now get around to looking more closely at it and checked the continuity of the wiring and it looked good. So I ordered a control arm and am still waiting to hear from the dealer. today I removed the spring and the coil wire was not tight in the spring so I fixed that and the spring was not tight on the control arm like it was but by holding it it fires, so I don't have it on the arm correctly. So not a thing wrong with those Huztl coils. Funny how one small obscure detail can throw a money wrench in things so i set it aside and i am going to eyeball the dealer about a couple of things. no reason to spend time adjusting it until i get the oem control arm that i have already paid for. I am really looking forward to running this one. I am going to replace the oem coil with the original one that came with the saw and i will have a oem coil that can be used to troubleshoot at least 3 different saws in the future. the longer you do this the more assets you have to help yourself maintain them.

Anyone still putting one together and happen to mind getting a few measurements on the clutch drum? Trying to find an alternative to buying echo for my cs-590.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Anyone still putting one together and happen to mind getting a few measurements on the clutch drum? Trying to find an alternative to buying echo for my cs-590.

I can give you OEM measurement's tonight if you want off my 038 mag

I can give you OEM measurement's tonight if you want off my 038 mag

Doesn't have to be anytime soon just next time you are cleaning it or at your convenience. I still have plenty of life left on my spur sprocket and looking for a cheap alternative to going rim sprocket. Thank you!

Doesn't have to be anytime soon just next time you are cleaning it or at your convenience. I still have plenty of life left on my spur sprocket and looking for a cheap alternative to going rim sprocket. Thank you!

Yep, If I forget, give this post a bump :)

Double needle bearing?
Edit nevermind just saw it. Haven't gotten mine apart yet to see what mine looks like.

I got the critter running. I could not get it running not once until this morning and there was no reason for it. i would get no spark, so i ordered a coil, I checked everything and ordered another coil, checked everything and ordered a oem coil, still would not crank. That was driving me mad. in the mean time i kept in mind the shutter in the filter and figured out how to keep everything in line so when i did get spark it would go.

This morning after fiddling and fiddling I got it to fire. It was the switch wire and it tested fine each and every time and when I would button everything up or move the saw it would not work. I had a spare and replaced the wire and bam it fired right up and ran. Now it will not cut off lol. small thing. i will fix it. i went on to other things and will come back to that. It runs really smooth, smoother than any of my saws. I am going to do some cutting videos with it in a couple days.

Back