Huztl FarmerTec MS380, MS381, 038 Build Kit Start to Finish

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not round 2.jpg not round 2.jpg I guessed wrong on the leak. the hole is jagged. so I guess I will have to wait on a new handle to be sent. bummer. I get a sense I am on my own.

Attachments

• not round.jpg
    not round.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 16
Smooth it then seal-all? Or a tygon sleeve?
Edit:
On old homelites i have made a friction fit sleeve of teflon so standard sized tygon fuel line would fit. Sealed great. To smooth that hole use a unidrill bit as the steps guide and control the cut leaving a very nice hole.
Noticed Huztl kits are 30% off this week! Can do a lot of fixing at that price.

I reached out to them and now they are having trouble understanding. I think it may get rocky. Why is it when you buy from these people and you have trouble they talk like they care and want to help but don't actually do anything. It is so strange. There was a lot of back and forth and then they go silent without providing you with a clear path. I guess i will open a case in the morning and see if i can find one somewhere else. It takes about 10 days to resolve those. FamerTec did not leak. Shame, I was hopeful

Well, it was better than I thought. My request that they check the replacement caused them to actually check it and they found it leaked too. So they checked another and found it leaked too. So on it went. They refunded me.

That caused me to buckle down...cause I need it to work...I used the 038 fuel line, a one piece and it worked perfect and does not leak, with some cleanup

I filled a sink with water and pushed it down and the vent leaks like crazy. The opening for that might be a problem. I am getting another vent and I will see if that's true.

That is the first time a Chinese company quailty checked their product. Pay attention FarmerTec

chainsaw kits and packing lists
http://thechainsawkitguy.com
http://YouTube.com/c/the1chainsawguy

Bedford, shouldn't the vent release tank pressure? What pressure are you seeing bubbles? IMO if a vent does not let fuel out it is good to go. So only slight positive pressure then vent excess. Any more than a psi can influence carb tuning. In theory lol

ok so the vent has a collar around it and it kept me from pushing the vent into it, i broke one, had to buy a second. so i took a dremel and removed the collar and it snapped in place. it now works. i have 3 hours of work in it. i shared what i learned with them. i would have just moved on but i could not get a good answer out of other sellers.

so i have work to catch up on but over the next few days i will put the handle in service

ms380.jpg

Assembled carb parts through to filter. Choke in as received condition will not function. Will need a spacer/gasket to make it work. More later

Edit: on the ms038 ipl there is a carb gasket shown. So that will be the fix
This one will mayhap need two for sure

Assembly of engine quite far along. Remaining is carb etc, chain brake and clutch.
It appears there are screws missing in this kit but all else seems very good.
Once together I will inventory missing parts and extras if such exist. May need to enlist Bedfords help there.
Beautiful castings and machine work on this MS380. Very pleased so far.

Built the MS380 today - Great Kit and Excellent running saw. I completly agree with afleetcommand on youtube - the air filter needs changed to OEM. The kits choke spring (in the air filter) is to weak and causes the saw to choke itself at high rpms when its sucking air and run rich. Very Good Quality saw!!!

TS73, would like to know how the ignition kill wire is supposed to be installed in the switch?
A pic of yours would be much appreciated or any tips?
TIA

Edit: sorted the kill switch
Cheers

Latest posts

Back