ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Huztl FarmerTec What Saw Build Kit Would You Like to See Them Make?

buttercup

buttercup

Gone fishing
Did you buy a kit saw with parts missing like many here have?
I bought a "388", it worked ok and I milled the beech wood you see on my avatar with it.
However since it had an unpractical chain adjuster and since I'm a perfectionist I thought if I bought the 381 kit and put it together myself with my unlimited time and care it would be better.

I have now bought 3 crankcases (they are all bad but one is usable), 3 cranks (from different parts of the world, one is not wobbly - that's not a farmertec) and clutches, oil pumps (Hyway is good at this), cylinder kits (get lucky), ball bearings and a fortune in tools to become satisfied.

I could make a decent saw from what I have now, but the taste in my mouth is overwhelming like... bitterness. And yes it sums up to what ever latest 50cc you would ever wish for - just pick and chose.

a. palmer jr.

a. palmer jr.

Tree Freak
I've never bought a kit before, preferring to get old saws and rebuilding them myself using mostly OE but some aftermarket parts. I figured that if I tried making one from a kit I'd end up messing it up or having missing parts or parts that don't fit, etc.

Firewood Bandit

Firewood Bandit

ArboristSite Lurker
Still lots of 2100's here on Vancouver Island. They were a popular saw in there day and still enjoy a good reputation. Guys that have them are proud of them and want to keep them going. A kit would be fantastic in and of its self but would really help the old ones keep going.

I would like to see a 2100 kit as well as a 3120 with long bars (52 inch) for milling. The 3120 is still in production so my guess is we wont see a kit until husky kills it.

Huskybill

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
A 2100 kit with a cr on the cylinder. Upgrade a 2100. I got a workout like at the gym while bucking up firewood. You need to run a 2100 to know what a 2100 can do with firewood. The days you want to hit every workout machine in the gym run the 2100 in the woods.
I was an animal and in the best condition in my life when in the woods.

Huskybill

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Well, I learned two things from that 1k of dollars shoveled out the window; I'll never buy a Farmertec kit again, and I'll never buy a flippy cap saw.
We all learn and move on from our mistakes even though some won’t admit it. It takes a real man to admit it.

I rebuild the older pro husky saws I know they were great quality saws.
The old 162, 262, 266, 268, 372, 181 were tough to beat.

The husky saws I call big block saws. 280,380,480,285,298,1100,2100,2101.

I have the 353, 570, 575, 385 in my line up that run great.

SeMoTony

SeMoTony

Addicted to ArboristSite
I've never bought a kit before, preferring to get old saws and rebuilding them myself using mostly OE but some aftermarket parts. I figured that if I tried making one from a kit I'd end up messing it up or having missing parts or parts that don't fit, etc.
How about a 2 cylinder solo, that I'd have to pay someone to construct

a. palmer jr.

a. palmer jr.

Tree Freak
We all learn and move on from our mistakes even though some won’t admit it. It takes a real man to admit it.

I rebuild the older pro husky saws I know they were great quality saws.
The old 162, 262, 266, 268, 372, 181 were tough to beat.

The husky saws I call big block saws. 280,380,480,285,298,1100,2100,2101.

I have the 353, 570, 575, 385 in my line up that run great.
Through experience I know that the flippy caps made by Stihl are much better than the Chinese versions, but neither are that great...