Huztl FarmerTec What Saw Build Kit Would You Like to See Them Make?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I never discovered farmertec, I would have a brand new "latest super rally GT fastback all titanium chainsaw" - instead of a box with parts I'm not at all happy with on the attic.

Did you buy a kit saw with parts missing like many here have?

I bought a "388", it worked ok and I milled the beech wood you see on my avatar with it.
However since it had an unpractical chain adjuster and since I'm a perfectionist I thought if I bought the 381 kit and put it together myself with my unlimited time and care it would be better.

I have now bought 3 crankcases (they are all bad but one is usable), 3 cranks (from different parts of the world, one is not wobbly - that's not a farmertec) and clutches, oil pumps (Hyway is good at this), cylinder kits (get lucky), ball bearings and a fortune in tools to become satisfied.

I could make a decent saw from what I have now, but the taste in my mouth is overwhelming like... bitterness. And yes it sums up to what ever latest 50cc you would ever wish for - just pick and chose.

I've never bought a kit before, preferring to get old saws and rebuilding them myself using mostly OE but some aftermarket parts. I figured that if I tried making one from a kit I'd end up messing it up or having missing parts or parts that don't fit, etc.

Well, I learned two things from that 1k of dollars shoveled out the window; I'll never buy a Farmertec kit again, and I'll never buy a flippy cap saw.

Still lots of 2100's here on Vancouver Island. They were a popular saw in there day and still enjoy a good reputation. Guys that have them are proud of them and want to keep them going. A kit would be fantastic in and of its self but would really help the old ones keep going.

I would like to see a 2100 kit as well as a 3120 with long bars (52 inch) for milling. The 3120 is still in production so my guess is we wont see a kit until husky kills it.

A 2100 kit with a cr on the cylinder. Upgrade a 2100. I got a workout like at the gym while bucking up firewood. You need to run a 2100 to know what a 2100 can do with firewood. The days you want to hit every workout machine in the gym run the 2100 in the woods.
I was an animal and in the best condition in my life when in the woods.

Well, I learned two things from that 1k of dollars shoveled out the window; I'll never buy a Farmertec kit again, and I'll never buy a flippy cap saw.

We all learn and move on from our mistakes even though some won’t admit it. It takes a real man to admit it.

I rebuild the older pro husky saws I know they were great quality saws.
The old 162, 262, 266, 268, 372, 181 were tough to beat.

The husky saws I call big block saws. 280,380,480,285,298,1100,2100,2101.

I have the 353, 570, 575, 385 in my line up that run great.

I've never bought a kit before, preferring to get old saws and rebuilding them myself using mostly OE but some aftermarket parts. I figured that if I tried making one from a kit I'd end up messing it up or having missing parts or parts that don't fit, etc.
How about a 2 cylinder solo, that I'd have to pay someone to construct

We all learn and move on from our mistakes even though some won’t admit it. It takes a real man to admit it.

I rebuild the older pro husky saws I know they were great quality saws.
The old 162, 262, 266, 268, 372, 181 were tough to beat.

The husky saws I call big block saws. 280,380,480,285,298,1100,2100,2101.

I have the 353, 570, 575, 385 in my line up that run great.

Through experience I know that the flippy caps made by Stihl are much better than the Chinese versions, but neither are that great...

Back